Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I invited my cousin (Frank) over on a Friday night to try out some games I didn’t have a chance to play yet.

First I decided to open the game I was anticipating the most, the box had been waiting for nearly 2 months in my closet and was screaming to get played. I was waiting for the right moment to play colossus arena and tonight was definitely it.

I had to review the rules since I had only read them quickly the day I bought the game. During that time, Frank was selecting the 4 characters to discard (Magus, Ettin, Gorgon & Troll) , along with their combat cards.

At first we were quite confused, we didn’t clearly understand some of the rules, for instance, we overviewed the secret bet option (which we regretted in the end), and the fact that we could place a card on top of another was kind of unclear to us in the beginning. The more we played the more we got into it, quickly getting the feel of the game and the suspense got thicker. Most of the time, we forgot to use the special powers from the characters but we quickly felt how this game was played out. By mid-game we had played all of our chips and the four beast that didn’t have bets on them were the first to be killed. In the end, I outplayed my cousin by weakening his main character (having a lot of low combat cards for the unicorn) and I was off to a mere 2 pts win.

Vince:14
Frank:12

I can’t wait to give it another shot, this game has so much potential and now that I have acknowledged the rules, I will be able to enjoy the depth and the strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.