World in Flames» Forums » Rules

Subject: Option 37: Railway movement bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sensible Simon
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
If playing with this option, I would have said entering a clear hex in fine weather in the Asia/Pacific map would have a cost of 1 if moving along a railway line. Am I correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Jurin
United States
Great Neck
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding (which hasn't been very good lately)! is that the techncial answer is yes, given the wording of the rule:

AiF/PatiF Option 37: (Railway movement bonus) A land unit pays 1 less movement point (minimum 1) to enter a hex when it moves, or advances after combat, along a railway (but not a road). This reduction occurs after you apply any weather (see 8.2) or overrun (see 11.11.6) effects.

However, I think there has been a lot of pushback on this, and a lot of people play with a 2 point minimum on the Asia/Pacific map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Breunor wrote:
My understanding (which hasn't been very good lately)! is that the techncial answer is yes, given the wording of the rule:

AiF/PatiF Option 37: (Railway movement bonus) A land unit pays 1 less movement point (minimum 1) to enter a hex when it moves, or advances after combat, along a railway (but not a road). This reduction occurs after you apply any weather (see 8.2) or overrun (see 11.11.6) effects.

However, I think there has been a lot of pushback on this, and a lot of people play with a 2 point minimum on the Asia/Pacific map.

Pretty certain the FAQ specified that the reduction could not reduce MP below the clear hex cost. In other words, still 2 MP moving into a clear hex on the Asia map along rail lines. After all, those hexes are still like four times bigger than the ones in Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sensible Simon
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
wifwendell wrote:
Pretty certain the FAQ specified that the reduction could not reduce MP below the clear hex cost. In other words, still 2 MP moving into a clear hex on the Asia map along rail lines. After all, those hexes are still like four times bigger than the ones in Europe.

My version of the 2009 FAQ doesn't say anything (at least not in the Land Movement section, rule placement in WiF is sometimes extraordinarily counter-intuitive). May have been in the 2008 Annual, I guess, I've never been able to get my hands on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sensible Simon wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

My version of the 2009 FAQ doesn't say anything (at least not in the Land Movement section, rule placement in WiF is sometimes extraordinarily counter-intuitive). May have been in the 2008 Annual, I guess, I've never been able to get my hands on it.

It probably was not in the annual. I'm surprised it's not in the FAQ. I have always played this way, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.