Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
A question came up when we were playing last night regarding this card. On the card it says that the USSR player "may not add additional influence markers to that region by the play of operation points." Does this mean the USSR player could still do a realignment or coup attempt in that region and, when the result is found, just take away influence markers and not add any of their own as the card states? Thanks for any and all help in advance
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason or Ananda may jump in here later, but here is my read.

First, Realignment never adds influence, so there would be no limitation there.

IMO, Coups would still be allowed, and you would still add influence if you got a result high enough to do so. In other words, the only limitatio I see with the card is the purchase of Influence points with the Ops value.

And, of course, you can still add influence from events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to agree with this. Coup attemts would still be allowed....depending on the DEFCON level of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Matthews
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Allen and Brian have the card's intent correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris White
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A hypothetical situation that I haven't seen addressed anywhere- does Chernobyl prevent the placement of influence markers in the affected region via "use this card's Ops value for coups/realignments/influence" events such as ABM Treaty and (Reformer-improved) Glasnost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, I think it does from the wording.

Of course, if your target is Europe, which is thematically and strategically a good choice, you need only lower Defcon below 5 and coups and reaignment attempts become impossible as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.