RJ Garrison
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I sat there, looking at the mounds of scrap metal and discarded SS Battlecruiser/ Dreadnaught and Cargoslinger ship models sitting in the junk yard, I knew this was going to be a challenge.
Corporation Incorporated had given me a contract. And limited funds. I was to construct a small cargo ship to make it from Orion 42 to Planet THX-1138.
"Let's build us a ship boys!" I hadn't hired the best construction crew in the world, but I figured this one would be better than the group of Anthellian Slugdromenans that tried reverse connecting a SG-11 double engine facing into one of my crew compartments. If I hadn't fired those bastages, my weapons crew would have been toast.
And we were off building.
Unfortunately, C.I. also hired 3 other crews to do the same thing. So we were racing for the best ship parts, trying to make sure everything connected correctly and that we had enough engine/ fire/ shield/ battery power and crew to make the 6 day run. And be the first out the gate.
There's something about being first out the gate, my 1st officer, RC had always said. And there was. Almost always, it gave you a monetary advantage. 1st off there's lots of scrap in space. If you can get to it first, you can add it to your collection of goods. If someone else gets to it first, well, sucks to be you.
There's something else to be said about having a well built ship. That can take time and then you're not first Captain out the gate. Which can cost you money.
Unless of course your construction crew of Dwarven Linthianians builds you a ship with only a single connector to the starboard side and that connector gets hit with a rogue astroid while flying through the astroid belt of Nebula 14 where the women are hot but the meteors are hotter!
Yeah. He rushed building his ship and lost 1/2 it on take off from the planet. Along with all his cargo holds, 1/3 his crew and all his batteries. Poor sucker. By the time he landed on Planet 53, his destination, he had his bridge and a single powerless shield generator left of his ship. C.I. was not impressed and I haven't seen him doing a run since. Poor bastage is probably washing Silactic worm slime off the winning ships that make it in and don't cost C.I. space credits in insurance.
Now, you're probably wondering why I would keep doing runs through space in scrap heaps that'll barely make the trip. I like to live dangerously. And it's fun. Just good fun.
To sign up with Corporate Incorporated, go down to your local space dive. Look for the crazy looking pilot that always looks like he's had way too much caffeine but is still buying rounds for everyone. Ask him how to sign up. He'll say something about Galaxy Trucking not being for you. That's just cause he doesn't want the competition.
Don't listen to him. Give it a go. You won't regret it.
Don't be afraid to GG him if he gives you good information. Or buy him a round of Quarzakian absinthe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great fun post for one of my favorite games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought." --Leia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have been defeated by line breaks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't see a review here. Captured by space pirates perhaps. I like the game but can't give a thumb to a non review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Roy
United Kingdom
Bath
GB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very entertaining! I see it as a session report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
I don't see a review here. Captured by space pirates perhaps. I like the game but can't give a thumb to a non review.

I see it as a stream-of-consciousness session report with some aspects of review thrown in. It's certainly not a thorough or traditional review by any stretch of the imagination, but it is entertaining nonetheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saxophone wrote:
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought." --Leia

Nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.