Popular Tags: [View All]
david c
United States
Bay Area - Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would nice to hear some thoughts on:

I'm at range 3 to a Rebel target. Biggs is within range 1 to my target, but outside my range 3. Can I fire and affect my target, or does Biggs prevent me from shooting at my target?

I've checked for other forum listings on Biggs, but only found one regarding initiative firing with multiple ships.

Regards,
David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can fire at Biggs you must fire at Biggs.

If you can't you may choose another target.

If I understood you correctly, you say Biggs is out of range but another enemy is in range. In this case you may fire at the other enemy.

Any enemy ship outside of range 1 from Biggs may be shot at normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david c
United States
Bay Area - Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biggs is out of range. My only target is at range 3 (but Biggs is within range 1 to it). I feel I have a shot at my target. However, playing the way Biggs' ability is read, I don't have a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can fire in this case. Biggs' ability says you cannot fire at a friendly ship at range 1 of Biggs IF!!!!!!!! they can target Biggs instead. You can't target Biggs so you can target the other ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david c
United States
Bay Area - Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also worth noting that Biggs also has to be inside your firing arc, as well as within range, for you to have to target him instead. Try using a well-placed barrel roll with a high-skilled TIE to squeeze Biggs out of your firing arc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
Brian1981 wrote:
It's also worth noting that Biggs also has to be inside your firing arc, as well as within range, for you to have to target him instead. Try using a well-placed barrel roll with a high-skilled TIE to squeeze Biggs out of your firing arc.

not entirely accurate. if you are a Ywing, you had to hit Biggs with your ion cannons even if he is outside your primary weapon firing arc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duraham wrote:
not entirely accurate. if you are a Ywing, you had to hit Biggs with your ion cannons even if he is outside your primary weapon firing arc

If you are a Y-wing, you're also not barrel rolling. But yes, I believe if you can target Biggs with any weapon, then you have to target Biggs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:

Or use your action to Focus and kill Biggs. People go out of their way to avoid shooting at Biggs, but that just creates problems later in the game when you've done damage to other ships and then have to shoot at Biggs, spreading your damage out and leaving the opponent's ships on the board longer. Biggs is an X-wing. He has as many attack dice as the Falcon. He can do a lot of damage. If your opponent wants you to kill him then kill him.

Now if he is parked behind an asteroid at range 3, and you have juicy targets at range 1, that is a different story, but using your action to make your attack (whomever you shoot at) less powerful isn't always the best strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.