Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Patnode
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I understand the rule that allows the possible replacement of a starting building when removed by a larger building.

My question is:

Does this free replacement provision also apply when the starting building is removed because of the placement of a "church buiding piece"? What about when removed by a building of the "same" size?

A second question:

When placing a new building piece does the player immediately collect the Gold and/or influence associated with that building?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paull
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Terry,

the initial start builings (the ones with totems) are replaced immediately upon being removed for any reason. If multiple ones are removed at the same time, replace them in clockwise order, (starting with the player whose turn it is.)

They cannot be placed in the church start spot nor any trade point square. If no legal place remains, then the building is out of the game for good.

No, there is no provision for getting a free item when replacing these buildings.

Hope this helps.

--JP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stohlmann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Jeff Paull wrote:
They cannot be placed in the church start spot nor any trade point square.

I don't remember seeing the rule about not placing them in the trade point squares. Can anyone point out where that is stated in the rules?

(Though it does make a lot more sense...)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I don't remember seeing the rule about not placing them in the trade point squares. Can anyone point out where that is stated in the rules?

From the rules here on the geek (near the end):

The huts of the workers…
Are shown on both starting buildings with the totem sculptures. If a starting building is covered, its owner must immediately move it to free fields - This is done directly before he continues his turn. Starting buildings may not occupy trade fields or fields with ones own or opponents’ building permits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stohlmann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ah, there it is. Thanks!

(The top of the left column on page 6 for anyone who is looking through the rules in the English box.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
Quote:

From the rules here on the geek (near the end):

The huts of the workers…
Are shown on both starting buildings with the totem sculptures. If a starting building is covered, its owner must immediately move it to free fields - This is done directly before he continues his turn. Starting buildings may not occupy trade fields or fields with ones own or opponents’ building permits.

My 2005 Mayfair games rules state:
"If one of your stater buildings is displaced by a bigger building, you may immediately place it on any empty space of your choice.

Emphasis is mine. Two things, 1) no mention of the church at all (although I could see the church 9 tiles being called a bigger building) and 2) no mention of same size or smaller building. I assume since it's not mentioned and other cases are specifically mentioned, that you can't build a smaller building over a bigger building.

Any confirmation of my interpretation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.