Subject: UK manufacturers?? Help please!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jasia Denton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
:
Can some one give me any advice on the best places in the uk to get our game manufactured? Please help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know very little manufacturing occurs in the UK, probably because of how proportionately more expensive it would be and how little board game expertise it would have compared to Germany. The UK publishers I know about manufacture in Germany (or do it themselves...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasia Denton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks for reply, I dont suppose you have any names of companies or people to contact???
I have the game made(based on characters in books and on films, with the consent of the copywrite holder), an invester paying for everything and even have a chain of toy shops that want to take it on when ready.
But I need a recomended company to mass produce it for me!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You really, really, REALLY need to do several other things before you even think about manufacturing.

1) One chain will not a sell an entire print run. You need to have more channels lined up i.e. game distributors.

2) Has your game been extensively playtested by impartial gamers (ie. not your friends and family)? Gamers will tear your game apart if its core mechanics are flawed and sadly, most first time designers' games have this flaw. Your friends and family will tell you they love the game not only because it is *your* game but they probably haven't played enough games to give it the kind of critique that a serious gamer can.

3) Join the Game Publishers Association (www.thegpa.org) and visit the Board Game Designers Forum (www.bgdf.com) and ask all your questions about production, marketing, sales channels etc. there. This is a hobbyists' website that publishers like myself happen to go to, not the best source of information on how to actually break into the industry.

Sorry if I sound harsh but almost everyone I know who printed first, asked questions later has thousands of unsold games still in their house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasia Denton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thank you for your advice. I will follow up on all of it. Its not harsh, its honest and needed before going to print.

The game has been playtested by several schools(as it is a childrens educational game) and by several independent sources, all the quirks have been corrected and feedback has all been posative. We are builing up more contacts as we go and have had interset from vairious distributers.

I am registed with Board game designers forum but am off now to look at the other site.

So thanks again for your advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.