Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
i looked both into Carcassonne and Caylus, i heard about both and got main picture so reading 45min on each was enough for me. at the end i decided buyind Carcassone and it is in order. i didn't was Caylus becuase it seemed too long, complex and akward that i'll play in a lot and also my friends simply don't like games when you make your heard hurt thinking so i decided to go on Carcassonne, i can still cancel the order but i don;t think i'll do it.... just wanted to know what you all think about my desicion...

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carc is better for newbies. I'm sure you'll get lots of alternative suggestions, but from the info you put in the post above, Carc was a much better option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you made the right choice.

However I would have gone for Carc Hunters and Gatherers instead. I like the bonus tiles and the hunters. They make the game smoother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper A
Denmark
Frederikshavn
na
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...... and Caylus is out of print at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Decision is spelt, well, like that.meeple

Otherwise, Carcassonne is a fine game and I hope you enjoy it. There will be time for Caylus later

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is why I corrected his spelling. If he had been UK or USA I would have assumed it was his choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree you've made a good choice. Carcassonne is easy and fun, and if your friends like it, you can get a couple of the expansions to add to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
thank for fast responding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.