Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, well I had been waiting to play this for most of the afternoon. The others were playing A Game of Thrones (Baratheon won, no suprise), and Warhammer, so I contented myself with a solo game, and Sister Mary was duly devoured. Eventually the other games ended and I persuaded 4 others to play. They chose Joe Diamond, Michael Mcgee, Monterrey Jack and Sister Mary (Steve was going to choose Mandy, but Emily made some pointed remarks about her posture, so he changed to the gangster...) I played as the Professor. I used Yig, since I wanted a quick game. For my 2 Unique Items I drew Elder Signs- a good start!

The first few turns went reasonably smoothly, I went through to the Other World, and returned and sealed the gate, but due to mistaking the rules I managed to get bushwacked while doing so and the Elder Sign sent me to Hospital, a place I would become very familiar with over the years. Meanwhile Joe Diamond had managed to get Lost in Time and Space while escaping from some rats...anyway one more token on Yig. Gates were opening fast, and my attempts to reach them were not suceeding. Both Michael and Joe went through the same gate, and Michael was dissuaded from shutting the gate on Joe, since a)Joe had the clues to seal it, and b)Joe would go back into Time and Space, further waking Yig. Joe sealed the gate. Then he became Deputy of Arkham on that and the monsters he had slain. Meanwhile the Stars were Right, which added another Doom token to the track, before Sister Mary discarded her ally to end the Rumour. Everyone drew 2 common items. Sister Mary now had a Motorcycle and an Axe- quite the Hell's Angel! She also picked up a Retainer from the local paper. The card which prevents gates being sealed showed up, closely followed by the one that makes sealing 2 clues easier.

While I wound up repeatedly in Hospital (exhausting my money as well as my patience), Joe and Michael decided to help Yig out of bed by killing some Cultists. Monterrey Jack closed a gate, but it was too little, and Yig awoke.

I and Sister Mary were Blessed, so we just lost our blessing. The other 3 were cursed. If we'd been more gamey, we would have prevented this, because those 3 were our main combat meisters... anyway we hit Yig with everything we had, Sister Mary using Shrivelling at great cost to her mind. Yig was bleeding, but he had some tricks up his sleeve, and with a sudden move on round 3 he Devoured Joe Diamond. Sobering up, we fought on. Monterrey Jack disappeared down the monster's maw on round 5. On round 6 Michael Mcgee and Sister Mary were consumed. The Professor who was only surviving because of Flesh Ward, was now alone. However, Yig had one eye left on the track. Round 7. 2 Hits, survived. Round 8, 1 Hit, Flesh Ward fails, consumed. So near and yet so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hazard
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong, but I think according the the new errata and rules update, Flesh ward is supposed to be dicarded at the beginning of combat with the AO. However, you died anyway, so I guess its not that important

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Well I will remember that. Is anything else discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
Ah. Well I will remember that. Is anything else discarded?

Healing Stone is also discarded now. There will be fixed versions of the cards in the Dunwich Horror expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't remember Healing Stone. I had Jade Statue or something- 1 off prevent all damage from one source. But I used it to prevent the Sanity damage which I wasn't actually taking (doh!), due to Strong Mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.