Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

This would have to be one of my top games, however, the rolling of dice on some battles can drag on for some time. This can be extended out when the ships have several improved hulls.

Has anyone created a dice roller to simulate the battles? It may be too cumbersome but as usual I am surprised that others have already thought of and found elegant solutions to my issues.

Thanks

Hans
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hvddrift wrote:
Hi,

This would have to be one of my top games, however, the rolling of dice on some battles can drag on for some time. This can be extended out when the ships have several improved hulls.

Has anyone created a dice roller to simulate the battles? It may be too cumbersome but as usual I am surprised that others have already thought of and found elegant solutions to my issues.

Thanks

Hans

There are some online simulators (one by user Vanish I believe), and if you run it for a single battle then it will give you results. Usually, I use it to calculate % win/loss for different builds when discussing things on BGG (this is done by running it for 1000+ simulations). It would work for a single simulation, but it takes longer to type in all of the information on ship builds than it would to actually roll the dice....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that, I found it, and it looks pretty cool.

Now I just have to workout how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The issue with this is that you'll have to roll each round of dice individually in the program anyway, since at any point, a player may decide to retreat instead of fighting to the last ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.