Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blinded pilot with gunner and Proximity mines rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul McFarren
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
A friend and I played a game earlier tonight. He piloted Firespray and I piloted YT-1300. He had a gunner and other equipment. He took a crit damage card called Blinded Pilot. "The next time you attack, do not roll any attack dice. Then flip this card facedown." The gunner's card reads "After you perform an attack that does not hit, immediately perform a primary weapon attack. You cannot perform another attack this round."

The question in this scenario is if my ship is in his firing arc, does he lose his first attack roll and is allowed to attack with the gunner or does he lose his attack altogether?

Second question is related to the proximity mines. When does the proximity mine detonate? Does the mine detonate if my base touches the mine WHILE my ship is moving through the area and my movement template IS NOT overlapping the mine? Or does it work like asteroids? As long as my movement template nor the final position of my base doesn't touch the mine, it doesn't detonate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trenden Flanigan
United States
Springboro
Ohio
flag msg tools
Bones, Baby!
badge
Ortho Doc
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulTheBlack wrote:
A friend and I played a game earlier tonight. He piloted Firespray and I piloted YT-1300. He had a gunner and other equipment. He took a crit damage card called Blinded Pilot. "The next time you attack, do not roll any attack dice. Then flip this card facedown." The gunner's card reads "After you perform an attack that does not hit, immediately perform a primary weapon attack. You cannot perform another attack this round."

The question in this scenario is if my ship is in his firing arc, does he lose his first attack roll and is allowed to attack with the gunner or does he lose his attack altogether?

That is correct. He will attack you first. He rolls no dice. He obviously misses. Since he performed an attack that did not hit, the gunner triggers a single, new primary weapon attack. He can then use dice for this gunner attack.

Coming in contact with a proximity mine follows the same rules as coming into contact with an asteroid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
PaulTheBlack wrote:

Second question is related to the proximity mines. When does the proximity mine detonate? Does the mine detonate if my base touches the mine WHILE my ship is moving through the area and my movement template IS NOT overlapping the mine? Or does it work like asteroids? As long as my movement template nor the final position of my base doesn't touch the mine, it doesn't detonate.

It's just like asteroids, because there is no "while my ship is moving..." Place the movement template, pick the ship up, put the ship back down in its new position. You only ever check for overlap with other ships, obstacles, mines, etc. at the end of the movement template.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With proximity mines, they detonate (and deal damage to a ship) if that ship's base or movement template touches any part of the mine token during a maneuver. You do NOT slide the ship along the template while you execute a maneuver.

Let's say the Falcon is flying right past a proximity mine. The maneuver template rests about a millimeter away from the mine token. The Falcon does not detonate the mine here, even though its base is way wider than the maneuver template, and would overlap the mine as it flew by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul McFarren
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks.
Thanks for the information. I thought differently about the blinded pilot v gunner issue. But I thought correctly about the mine issue. Thank you all for answering my issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.