Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Eminent Domain: Escalation» Forums » General

Subject: UNLOCKED @ $100,000 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All copies of Eminent Domain: Escalation which are pledged for in this project will have the mini expansion of 9-bonus planets included in their box.

This 9-bonus planets are new planets or 3 Prestige and 6 Utopian that we already have?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/86780/eminen...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mado78 wrote:
All copies of Eminent Domain: Escalation which are pledged for in this project will have the mini expansion of 9-bonus planets included in their box.

This 9-bonus planets are new planets or 3 Prestige and 6 Utopian that we already have?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/86780/eminen...

They are the same Bonus Planet mini-expansion that already exists. Since we hit the $100k stetch goal, each box of Escalation that kickstarters receive will contain them. I do not believe retail boxes will.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Would there be any reason to not mix in 2 sets of the Bonus Planets?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dezza wrote:
Would there be any reason to not mix in 2 sets of the Bonus Planets?

I think it's a bad idea personally (to play with 2 sets of Bonus Planets), as there would be too many Utopian planets (expensive and weird for Research), and too many very lucrative Prestige planets running around. By comparison the number of regular planets would be diluted.

But maybe that just means deeper surveys are more important, so it might work out OK.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh.. I meant to change my pledge so I could get both boxes, since we got the foil reward. But I was too late cry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Marquette
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
Click to see this player's page
badge
These computer things are going to get really popular... some day...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I switched my pledge when there was still $2K left. Figured it would hit by the end and I wouldn't have time to switch.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the new box might be big enough to hold the expansion and the base game (like Pillars of the Earth, Kingsburg, and a few other games)...probably not.

And since I already have the 9-planet expansion from before, I'll be looking for someone with the retail base game who might need it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
And since I already have the 9-planet expansion from before, I'll be looking for someone with the retail base game who might need it.


PM sent! I meant to pledge on this, hadn't done it early, and ran into internet troubles in the last day or so of the campaign. Doh!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
I wonder if the new box might be big enough to hold the expansion and the base game (like Pillars of the Earth, Kingsburg, and a few other games)...probably not.

And since I already have the 9-planet expansion from before, I'll be looking for someone with the retail base game who might need it.


The expansion box is designed to fit inside of the base game box (with enough room to allow for additional expansion boxes as well), and Seth has indicated that the expansion box will not be large enough to hold all of the components for both sets by itself.

The new base game box is identical to the old one, except for a foil stamp of the designer's signature.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.