Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
Not too long ago I discovered an online retailer for wargames: NWS-Online. This place had a fairly limited selection, but their prices couldnþ be beat. AFter doing some shopping, I realised that buying games from them would come out cheaper than ordering from somewhere with free shipping! No joke, I placed an order 11 days ago that, even with $22.69 in shipping, came out to cheaper than what it would have been from any other retailer (Gamer's Armory, CoolStuff, Thoughthammer....)

However, it's been 11 days...and my order hasn't even SHIPPED. Now, I ordered on the first, and received notification that it would ship within 4-7 days. But on the 9th it still hadn't shipped, so I sent them an email. He got back to me the same day, saying that he'd work on my order that night, but still I haven't gotten any notification that my order has shipped.

It was a fairly large order, a tax-refund splurge on myself, so I'm concerned. Can anyone reassure me with positive experiences with this company? Or does there seem to be a slackening lately with them? I understand that this might be a one-man outfit, but man, I need my ASL fix!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Milner
Australia
Brunswick
Victoria
flag msg tools
They're great to deal with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Send the owner - Chris Dean - an email. He has literally answered some of my queries within minutes of me sending it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Well, I just found out that he was swamped with orders for Next War: Korea, so hopefully he gets to my order soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had only great service and quick responses from NWS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Daniels
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, good service all the way around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from him several times. I think he is a one man operation. I know on one of my orders I happened to order at a time when he was out of town. Took awhile to get that one but he did eventually respond and let me know what was going on. I have ordered from him since with no problems. I don't think you need to worry, just be patient....."grasshopper"....sorry couldn't resist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex Milner wrote:
They're great to deal with.

Same here - I've ordered a number of wargames from them, and have had nothing but great service. Just got Next War: Korea from them - got here in a flash!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, also, have ordered a lot of games from him. The service has been really good. He is the first person I go to for buying games, and will continue to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've placed many orders with NWS. Never had a problem and always had good communications. NWS is really the "go to" online wargame source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Piling on here: the pricing and delivery interval has always been very good in my experiences with NWS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found them to be great for shipping to Canada as well. The order I place arrived within a week and packaged well. I would definitely order from NWS again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had nothing but positive experiences with NWS despite having a small hiccup in my last order. Christopher Dean is a standup guy who treats his customers fairly and honestly. I don't think he ever sleeps either so you can call him anytime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a complicated order last time. I had about 6 items on it. I was paying part with a Visa gift card and the rest from credit card. At the time, the overseas shipping was about to jump, so he was working round the clock to get all of them in.

It took about a week to get my order processed and then boom, it was here.

NWS is a class organization. He answers e-mails lickity-split. They are the only online place I order my wargames with.

If you have concerns, drop him a line, but you'll be happy in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Hobor
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've ordered from NWS. I recall the order taking a little bit and one of the games wasn't in stock (I was offered a refund, but I picked another game instead). All that said, generally the experience was good. I would order from him again but I seem to be doing more P500 and the like these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadgr
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another satisfied and loyal customer. I have been living overseas for the past two years and have ordered from NSW four or five times during brief trips home. Christopher has shipped to various addresses and bent over backward to get my orders to me in the limited time I was stateside. Plus, as mentioned, his prices are pretty much unbeatable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan James
United States
Covington
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I ordered Band of Brothers from NWS, which took a long time to receive because the game wasn't actually in stock. That's definitely not a Good Thing™, but I'd order from NWS again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this in the mail from NWS, the best online store ever! Good service and integrity, I always get a good and fair deal on the shipping to Hong Kong also!

Epic of the Peloponnesian
War (COA Board Game*)

Pax Baltica (GMT Board
Game)

ACTA Star Fleet: The
Federation Fleet Box Set
(MGP Miniatures)

ACTA Star Fleet:
Klingons: Fleet Box Set
(MGP Miniatures)

Romulans: Fleet Box Set
(MGP Miniatures)

ACTA Star Fleet: Kzinti:
Fleet Box Set (MGP
Miniatures)

ACTA Star Fleet: Gorn:
Fleet Box Set

Android Netrunner : A
Study in Static Data Pack

Net Hacker Token Set (84)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Way
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered many, many games from NWS and have nothing but great service. My one email inquiry was answered within hours. You can't beat their prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from him several times and it's been generally good. The only problem I've run into is that not everything he lists is in stock, so those items can take a few extra days before being shipped. Normally not a big deal but if you need the order by a certain date contact him first to confirm if it's ready to ship.. he responds quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soares
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NWS is a good store, and I'm surprised your order is taking so long.

On two separate occasions I've made a purchase (Screaming Eagles and Nuklear Winter '68). Each time I had the package within a week-ish, which I think is totally reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Birckhead
United States
Nellysford
virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also piling on....Had trouble with my last order not realizing that one of the items was a pre-order...One e-mail led to Chris calling me at home ten minutes later where he split the order into regular and pre-orders and everything was sorted out easily. The order has arrived and now I just have to drool over the release date of my preorder...D-Day at Omaha Beach. NWS is a class act and I foresee using them many times in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Sleight
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Always had great service from them, and YES - the prices are great.
I picked up a couple of La Bataille games last year at very, very good prices. Even the guys I game with were surprised as the price I got. I always look to see if they have what I'm looking for before going anywhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Trevino
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mb
NWS can't be beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Willi
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Only placed one order with them (which I managed to screw up). Dispatch did seen to take ages, delivery itself was fairly quick. As for communication, emails and orders acknowledged fast. Also they do answer their phone and my ordering muck up was resolved quickly and easily. But again price great, delivery (including packaging 0 good,but dispatch seems to be the bottle neck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.