Subject: Optional Purchase: 2nd Hero Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sch4fchen
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about an option to buy a second copy of each hero deck?
As we get the alternate gender heros, a 2nd copy for each hero deck would be nice, so you can play with 2 archers for example (without buying 2 base sets).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sch4fchen wrote:
How about an option to buy a second copy of each hero deck?
As we get the alternate gender heros, a 2nd copy for each hero deck would be nice, so you can play with 2 archers for example (without buying 2 base sets).

This has already been brought up, and MERCS said it's unlikely to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer.
I clicked hoping it was news not a suggestion.
Good suggestion by the way.
Id be all over it if they change their mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll talk with the guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BShotton wrote:
I'll talk with the guys.

The fact that you even discuss the idea just shows your commitment to your customers and supporters. Kudos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The ability to buy a hero deck separately... or maybe each hero? Huh, that's actually pretty appealing from a couple of points of view. Gaming group has one base box, folks playing could buy hero that appeals to them most and paint it up as they like.

Back on track... a separate hero deck would nudge me from looking at pledging for two Captain rewards to Apprentice. With Quest Expansion 1 and Tile Supplement 1, regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Dube
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markguy wrote:
The ability to buy a hero deck separately... or maybe each hero? Huh, that's actually pretty appealing from a couple of points of view. Gaming group has one base box, folks playing could buy hero that appeals to them most and paint it up as they like.

Back on track... a separate hero deck would nudge me from looking at pledging for two Captain rewards to Apprentice. With Quest Expansion 1 and Tile Supplement 1, regardless.

But you will not get 2 sets of dice with will be great to get separatly to !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be pretty neat to have an option to buy an extra set of the hero cards. Do we know how much playing with the same class would effect the game? Is it likely to leave too little loot for certain characters or is there enough generic stuff to go around (not watched all the gameplay vids yet so there might be an answer to this already!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Foerster
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am in regardless of what they decide on 2nd Hero Decks but I do think it would be a good idea for additional purchase option. One Hero mini + Hero Deck would definitely add more money to the overall totals. If not done for the kickstarter then definitely something to come out with later on. I know I would end up buying some just to try out different combinations of heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
magedelanuit wrote:

But you will not get 2 sets of dice with will be great to get separatly to !!

Yeah, I'm all for more dice... but I doubt many folks following this don't have a spare set of d10's. Fate dice would be nifty, but d6's would do if you couldn't share.

And, speaking as both a former comic book/gaming store owner and father of three kids who are... let's say passionate about Skylanders, having blisters of single heroes, their cards and maybe a fate die would be a pretty eye-catching display.

But for this kickstarter campaign, an entire set of heroes would seem to me an excellent option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I spoke with the guys.

If you are interested in additional Heroes, check the KS tomorrow mid-morning EST. We are uploading a bunch of goodies and single purchase Heroes is one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
BShotton wrote:

Nice! I love this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BShotton wrote:

If you are interested in additional Heroes, check the KS tomorrow mid-morning EST. We are uploading a bunch of goodies and single purchase Heroes is one of them.

Would it be possible to upload an updated image near the top of the page of the different pledge levels kind of like what Zombicide/Rivet Wars/Relic Knights did? With the changes to the pledges there is confusion about exactly what you get, particularly concerning the Apprentice level (which is being discussed in another thread) and getting extras of certain stretch goals when they unlock. I think this may help with people upgrading some Captain to Apprentice and being able to see everything you get in each pledge level visually would make things easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
BShotton wrote:

Would it be possible to upload an updated image near the top of the page of the different pledge levels kind of like what Zombicide/Rivet Wars/Relic Knights did? With the changes to the pledges there is confusion about exactly what you get, particularly concerning the Apprentice level (which is being discussed in another thread) and getting extras of certain stretch goals when they unlock. I think this may help with people upgrading some Captain to Apprentice and being able to see everything you get in each pledge level visually would make things easier.

The pictures of what is included with each pledge level were updated earlier this week when MERCS made the big change to the various levels. They're located between the stretch goals and the add-on items I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Doughman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
BShotton wrote:

This is coming. I know because I made the image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many new things are live today, including the ability to purchase additional Heroes w/ decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
BShotton wrote:

The pictures of what is included with each pledge level were updated earlier this week when MERCS made the big change to the various levels. They're located between the stretch goals and the add-on items I believe.

The current picture doesn't reflect very well that you get all the regular stretch goals plus the things listed nor does it show that Apprentice will get more of some future stretch goals (like Elementals for example)

CDoughman wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
BShotton wrote:

This is coming. I know because I made the image

Great news. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sch4fchen
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the ability to purchase hero deck
even if i would have prefer the option purchasing decks without figures for a lower price, because we already have 2 figures of every hero class with the stretch goals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Machado
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys! Sorry to use a phoenix down on this thread...

I'm watching the new MYTH KS and thinking about acquiring the game. It has a lot of things that interest me, like a "never ending" mode and the characters getting older through the game.

But I believe I'll be playing with many different groups (some friends show up to play every now and then, but never together) and I would like to have the alternate gender miniatures, so each person can be their own character... without being limited by the other groups...

I found the miniatures on their website (didn't find it on CSI or MM), but there's no mention of a Hero Deck... Is there any way we can acquire an extra Hero Deck (not buying a second core set)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Tchuli wrote:
Hi guys! Sorry to use a phoenix down on this thread...

I'm watching the new MYTH KS and thinking about acquiring the game. It has a lot of things that interest me, like a "never ending" mode and the characters getting older through the game.

But I believe I'll be playing with many different groups (some friends show up to play every now and then, but never together) and I would like to have the alternate gender miniatures, so each person can be their own character... without being limited by the other groups...

I found the miniatures on their website (didn't find it on CSI or MM), but there's no mention of a Hero Deck... Is there any way we can acquire an extra Hero Deck (not buying a second core set)?

Thanks!

I've never seen this option. However all the cards are public domain. Look at the last patch (1.3) posted on the MegaCon website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There we're add ons on the last KS that let you add a hero (mini and deck), and some may have during the pledge manager,.... But I think they were $10 or $15 each,... At that point, it became a good selling point to just get another pledge,...

I think that they are very useful,..... The cheapest way, will be to just add an additional $6 pledge that will give you all the new cards. I have them printed through printerstudio,.... And you can't even get the hero decks even remotely that inexpensive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
I've never seen this option. However all the cards are public domain.

Huh? Really??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are in no way public domain. But they have released them under a personal use non commercial license.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.