Giorgio De Michele (Erebus)
Italy
Castelfiorentino
Firenze
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a freelance illustrator, graphic and web designer.
I've great experience in the boardgame industry with several different games already published for wich I've done all the graphics AND illustrations:
Leader1:hell of the north, Swordfish, Wild, Lupin the IIIrd + espansione, Lamborghini the official Race Game, Il gioco dei telefilm, Palio di Siena, Knights, Yang-tze, Rendezvous),
And other titles that are about to be published, for several editors (Ghenos Games, Giochi Uniti, Gotha Games and some private American kickstarter projects), for example RACE!.

I'm both a freehand illustrator and a professional graphic and web designer, so I can move from concept ideas to final product, packaging, advertising and also web marketing, with ease.
you can see my complete gallery: http://erebus74.deviantart.com/gallery/
And the BOARDGAME GALLERY here: http://erebus74.deviantart.com/gallery/24833675

I know several 3D SOFTWARES and I can produce models for prototyping and production of playing pieces.

I'm also a roleplaying and boardgame designer and have a game already published, Al Rashid wich has been ranked #6 at Essen Fair , and Space Commander that will be published 2014 by Gotha Games.
I'm good at inventing new narratives and story lines, characters and original settings/ambientations, and I've already created tons of settings, creature ideas (entire races), and original cultures, so I can contribute a lot of ideas for new games/stories/expansions.

If you are interested in my work, contact me for an extimate of costs or maybe with a budget already in mind!
Some example prices:
Complex photorealistic board for a boardgames: from 150 to 220 €
Simpler board: from 100 to 150 €
Single photorealistic illustration: range from 70 - 150 € depending on complexity
Series of illustrations for boardgame cards: from 20 to 60 € each, depending on subject complexity
Complete graphics for a boardgame (board, box illustration and packaging, rules layout/impagination, rules examples, counter graphics and icons, cards layout/impagination, 10-12 additional illustrations): from 800 to 1500 € (depending on the complexity of the single items)
Very complex boardgames with a lot of illustrations for cards can go to 2500 € range.
The more items I have to do for a single client, the more I can lower the wage I need for the work!

Best regards

Giorgio De Michele

P.s.: if you wanna keep in touch with me and my art:
https://www.facebook.com/giorgio.demichele
https://twitter.com/Erebusart
http://erebus74.deviantart.com/

EXAMPLES from my boardgames works:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff! I'm about 3 months out for needing art, but I've bookmarked your DA page and will be in touch when the time is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff! I'm about 3 months out for needing art, but I've bookmarked your DA page and will be in touch when the time is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Castelfiorentino
Firenze
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, contact me when you need a pricing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
very nice work. What is your estimate for cover art? (future reference )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Castelfiorentino
Firenze
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Matt,
it depends on the complexity requested.
For example, the "Wild" cover it's about 70-80 € of work, since it's a painted background and mostly graphic design over it.
The "Swordfish" cover was one of the more complex I had to paint, since I had to "learn" a new subject (first time I painted a living fish and a boat too ), and the overal illustration has lot of different details. Also, I had to change the almost finished painting from "storm seen from far away" to "Let's try some more storm", to "entering the outskirts of storm" because the publisher changed idea 3 times
That cover, without taking in account all the modifications, could be 180 € of work, since it took 10-12 hours of painting.
Leader 1 cover is in the middle, is complex but I had not to change it, and also the figures on the back, sides and the background are less detailed and so faster to paint.

Hope this can give an idea ^_^

NOTE: if I can, I prefer to work on more than one item for a single project, because that way I can make a lower overall price for the client, since I can take more time when I think is needed (illustrations usually) and go faster on items I can do "en masse". That makes a complete game cost less than his single parts.

Regards

Giorgio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.