Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a new player, and I'm having some problems with the game, strategy-wise. Specifically, how do I protect my Quest Zone? It seems like everything I put in there to protect it has power, and that power causes me to draw a bunch of cards. I keep losing by decking out. Is that how this game is normally played? Drawing huge amounts of cards? Is decking out a common problem for newbies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you are putting to much in the quest zone. One strong unit with counter strike or toughness can be a good defender.

You can also use tactics as defense. Dwarves have a couple of cards that cancel damage. The Empire has cards like chain lightning and called back. Destruction has a lot of nasty ways to kill or corrupt units before they attack.

The new ambush cards can also help with defense. They have the benefit of being defenders who will not give extra card draw and have a helpful ability when they ambush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, it's perfectly fine to draw four or five cards per turn. In fact, that's what you should aim for. And drawing more than that isn't bad either. If you regularly run out of cards, you're probably playing too defensively, and/or the cards in your deck are too expensive. Both of these are pretty normal for new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.