Popular Tags: [View All]
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the bad pic. It's from my phone. The board is AWESOME!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Puzzler
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
It's a great feeling when the long-awaited, much-anticipated game graces your table with its presence! Is that cherry or mahogany stain or veneer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is a great feeling He calls the playing surface "Blomidon" and the ditch and rails are "Fundy".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Puzzler
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
...but no idea which "wood tone" puts the *blom* in Blomidon or the *fun* in Fundy?

The deck is indeed a nice tone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelharpertf wrote:
It's a great feeling when the long-awaited, much-anticipated game graces your table with its presence! Is that cherry or mahogany stain or veneer?

Well, hello, Joel. A little FedEx bird has whispered that a certain board with mahogany-stained rails and matching disc box are on their way to me as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Puzzler
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There's no news like good news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that is a beautiful board! I got a Fundy board, and I love love love it. I didn't even consider asking for the other finish for the ditch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelharpertf wrote:
joelharpertf wrote:
...but no idea which "wood tone" puts the *blom* in Blomidon or the *fun* in Fundy?

The deck is indeed a nice tone!

From Muzzies, for those that were wondering:
Quote:
2. What is the meaning of the board names? When we used the names of the stains people were sometimes confused and thought that our boards were cherry or mahogany woods, rather than all maple as our site states. We chose Annapolis, Fundy, and Blomidon because we live near the Bay of Fundy, on the mountain that forms the northern boundary of the Annapolis Valley. At the eastern end of our mountain, Blomidon, a clay bluff, juts out into the Bay, separating it from the Minas Basin. It is a beautiful part of God's creation that we get to call home.

The boards themselves are all maple, and the names they've attributed to their stains come from names of the surrounding area (Annapolis being the lighter natural looking stain, Fundy being the darker walnut-ish stain, and Blomidon being the redder mahogany-ish stain). I think it's a nice touch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.