Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Mack
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I just received my copy of TME the other day and some of the rules are giving me fits.

The allied reinforcement chart on pg. 15, I think, lists certain units with the letter d and then north and/or south. It's probably simple but, for the life of me I can't figure out what this means.

On the map, the terrain key lists effects of certain terrain for movement and combat, and OT is listed several times. I have no idea what this means either, can someone advise?

German supply is also unclear to me. If I'm reading it right, if Defend the Reich is in play, German supply lines cannot be more than 10 hexes away from the German border? If that's the case, Germany wouldn't be able to reach most of France, or am I on drugs?

Some other things may come up, but for now, those are my only questions. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here.

Jamie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Goss
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
Ok, I'll take a stab at this one:

On the map, the terrain key lists effects of certain terrain for movement and combat, and OT is listed several times. I have no idea what this means either, can someone advise?

OT probably means "Other Terrain"; i.e. you pay the movement costs of the 'other terrain' in the hex, as listed on the TEC. For example, if you have a town in a forest hex, you pay the cost of the forest only.

Keep in mind I don't own the game, but I do have several titles from the SCS series.

Hope this helps.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Mack
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark, that answer sounds reasonable.

I've found the answer to my question on the reinforcement chart, must have totally skipped that section of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
residuetiger wrote:

German supply is also unclear to me. If I'm reading it right, if Defend the Reich is in play, German supply lines cannot be more than 10 hexes away from the German border? If that's the case, Germany wouldn't be able to reach most of France, or am I on drugs?

You might be on drugs, but you're reading it right. It has its historical explanation. As the enemy drew nearer home soil, the German soldiers realised that it was pretty much 'now or never'. Thus they kicked up their will to fight one last notch.
Play Defend the Reich just before the enemy reaches the Vaterland. Make the Wallies work hard for their money. And remember that it's 10 hexes, not movement points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Staggs
United States
Waxahachie
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Remember that when Defend the Reich has been played, you no longer have to worry with the "Surrender Rule" on units that are blocked in with the "180" rule. That is key , since you will have lots of units being surrounded with those Allied Armor units start eating up most of France when you pull up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.