Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Surrender card gives no limitation on force size, thus (presumably) a force consisting of a leader and strength 1 unit could force a fully-manned fort to surrender.

Is this right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems to be true, because there are no requirements to outnumber the besieged units within a fort in order to maintain a siege (commonly found in other games).

However, I can't think of any situation in which a player with 4 units holed up inside a fort would be content to remain besieged by a solitary unit and a leader without activating and attempting to drive off the besiegers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it could happen at the end of a turn, if side A is out of cards and side B is within marching distance. In such a case, side B could move to the space and - since the Surrender card takes over both the sieging and assaulting tasks - take over the fort at the end of the same activation.

And yes, the larger, displaced force could, in its first activation of the next turn, come back and besiege the same fort, but it could well have suffered winter attrition by then or be out of supply.

Tough card to see coming at you!

(And, BTW, does the reshuffle only occur if the Surrender EVENT was played?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Kriener
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reshuffle happens when card has been played, regardless wether it was played as event or OPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
blablabla
badge
lololo
mbmbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
I guess it could happen at the end of a turn, if side A is out of cards and side B is within marching distance. In such a case, side B could move to the space and - since the Surrender card takes over both the sieging and assaulting tasks - take over the fort at the end of the same activation.

The defender can fight outside the fortification... If the attacker doesn't win the battle, there will be no siege.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaxte wrote:
cstimpson wrote:

The defender can fight outside the fortification... If the attacker doesn't win the battle, there will be no siege.

That's true. Defender does decide whether he's inside or outside, after all. Of course, if the situation were as I first described it, with a tiny assault force, it would be a fair guess that the opposing player has the surrender card. It gets more tricky when the opposing forces are closer to being evenly matched - making it worthwhile to 'count cards' and assess the likelihood of the besieger having that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.