Subject: Are metal Kama coins included at any level below $500? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious. I saw them in the add-ons, but noticed they don't seem to be part of the token-sets. As such, it just feels weird that these would get produced, only to be add-ons, and an item given to $500 backers.

Right now, the "value" seems to sit somewhere between $150 + add-ons, or $300 (for exclusive promos), so i'm wondering if the Kama coins get thrown in at $300 or anything?

Sway me people! Sway me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The value for the $500 level no good?

I was thinking I might bail down to the $300 level...
Convince me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, they aren't included in any level. $500 don't get them without paying extra.

The 500$ is worth it to get all the stuff that you normally won't get without winning tournaments in France plus you get the XXL figure which you could turn around and sell if you want PLUS you get everything released for the game at once rather then waiting for them all to be released over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

The 500$ is worth it to get all the stuff that you normally won't get without winning tournaments in France plus you get the XXL figure which you could turn around and sell if you want PLUS you get everything released for the game at once rather then waiting for them all to be released over time.

Getting the expansions early, but at full retail price, is not that interesting to me. After a couple of month it'll actually hold no value at all.

The XXL figure would quickly find it's way to the back of my closet, I fear.

Promo figures, not reached by the stretch goals, are interesting though. I am just not sure they are worth the extra price, to me...

Still undecided...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Mumie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the coins actually metal or are they resin coins with a metallic paint or finish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TheMummy wrote:
Are the coins actually metal or are they resin coins with a metallic paint or finish?

They say actual metal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

Getting the expansions early, but at full retail price, is not that interesting to me. After a couple of month it'll actually hold no value at all.

The XXL figure would quickly find it's way to the back of my closet, I fear.

Promo figures, not reached by the stretch goals, are interesting though. I am just not sure they are worth the extra price, to me...

Still undecided...

I'm not interested in stuff "holding value". I never buy stuff with an eye to making the money back; I think that's a pretty ridiculous thing to do.

If you don't want the XXL figure, sell it. Most people are pre-selling theirs already for about $100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For most gamers, MSRP is a no-no, as such the $500 tier is just full of things at padded prices. At $300, however, you essentially secure every promo figure (the ones with REAL Ebay value are the figures, not the extra items), and most of the luxury tokens, etc... to add to table aesthetic.

$150, is actually the BEST pure value. At that price, if you add all the add-on tokens... you actually come to $275, and all you're missing are two promo figures. True, said promo figures seem to go for about $50 right now, and thus why i'm either at $150+ or at $300-base.

$500 MIGHT have value for some European buyers once shipping is said and done, versus retail, but as is... lets not be fanboys/girls....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The $300 level seems to be the best value for the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
Magic Pink wrote:
TheMummy wrote:

They say actual metal.

I had them in hand and they are.
Something like 2mm thick and the basic K symbo embossed.

They also felt heavier then the gallon of glory metallic material, and more shiny. But it was pre production prototypes, so the final ones may differ.

Note: the ones i had in hand didn't looked like this one at all : https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/441800/posts/451314/im...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:

Normally I would actually (personally) just give a slight edge to the $150+ add ons, method, but if one sells JUST the Nox included at $300, and for HALF of what they currently go for in Europe, then you can actually come out $50 USD ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:

Agreed. You get all the promo figures and terrain/counters but you miss out on the XL figure and the five early booster packs. The five packs retail for $140 total, but I assume you can get them for about $100 total if they are sold through online retailers.

So you are paying ~$100 for the XL figure and/or feel the boosters are worth getting early and/or are worried the game won't be reliably sold online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me what the Kama coins actually do in the game? I can't seem to find anything about how they effect game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Mason
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattamd wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the Kama coins actually do in the game? I can't seem to find anything about how they effect game play.

The Kama coins are placed on the board (I think the spaces are marked on the board) They can then be collected and used to buy a Gallon of Glory or to buy demonic rewards.
They are also rewarded for not assigning the dice to your characters at the start of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
^ Got it, thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
TheMummy wrote:

They say actual metal.
They are actually "metallized" coins, which means they're not solid metal. They're merely non-metallic objects coated in metallic substance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.