7 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Made my first satellite rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lord Ashram
msg tools

Hi all!

Made my first satellite, to replace the token... I think it turned out fairly solid, although I learned a lot for the next one!

Come on by the blog for more info

http://lordashramshouseofwar.blogspot.com/2013/04/made-my-fi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back when I was making tons of little space stations and such growing up, we used aluminum foil for the solar panels - you may want to give that a shot for your next one and see how it comes out! (I seem to recall using toothpicks, maybe, to help give the small foil strips some structure, but I think today I'd use styrene tubing or paperclips or something thinner - at least, at this scale)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really good work, thanks for posting. I have been toying around with an idea of using drywall anchors... I found some that are pretty close in size and shape to the images on the actual counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KiK 78
France
flag msg tools
Here you will find a french creation for satellite.

sw-xwing.xooit.fr/t561-Satellite-pour-les-debutants-en-model...

Quickly done and easy to create
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Becker
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kik78 wrote:
Here you will find a french creation for satellite.

What exactly are the "Chevilles Molly" used for? I understand it is for wooden furniture, but I never saw such a article..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Ashram
msg tools
Yeah, I redid the solar panels; I just didn't think the painted-on parts looked good. I might still mess with them to see if I can get them looking better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo W
Germany
flag msg tools
There are also cool satelites for "Firestorm Armada". They come with transparent 4cm x 4cm bases, so you could use them as replacement bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.