Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
44 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » British Columbia

Subject: Penticton boardgamer looking for gamers in Penticton and/or Summerland rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi. This might sound like a dating ad or something but here goes.

I'm a 40-year-old reporter who moved to Penticton from Ontario. My wife and I love boardgames (Ascension, Catan, Operation: Flashpoint, New Science, etc).

We've both been to two boardgaming conventions, Penguincon 2011 and 2012 in Ohio, and I frequent the www.gamerswithjobs.com site quite a lot.

We are looking to boardgame our heads off with Penticton and Summerland peeps.

Anyone who is interested give me a shout back.

Cheers

PS: I'm also open to gaming in Kelowna, maybe once a month or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in Kelowna and there is a small group of us who play once a week (more or less), usually on Tuesday or Thursday nights. You are more than welcome to come along!! PM me if you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Bergen
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I'm based in Penticton too (although I'll be moving to Kelowna in September).

I have a small gaming group based out of Okanagan College (where I work). We generally play Twilight Imperium, Game of Thrones (2nd Edition), Arkham Horror, Battlestar Galactica. I also own Catan (but I have never played it) and I play Caracassone with my girlfriend.

I'm always looking for new people to play board games with. I do tend to gravitate to the heavier, epic and thematic games though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My in-laws live in Summerland so I am there on quite a few weekends. If you don't mind, I could message you when I am headed to Summerland and maybe we could play some games while I am there.
thanks
Clive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Cool. How did you want to do this? Should my wife and I drop in on game night? Did you want to meet up before that?

Let me know. My wife and I are eager to meet some boardgame peeps.

Oh, and thanks for extending the offer. :)

Strangeblades AKA Shannon Quesnel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Sure. If you could message me before you go to Summerland that'd be even better. My wife and I tend to be free most weekends.

Just a question or two. Since this is the Internet I'd like to know a little more about you before I show up at a stranger's house.

I'm 40, a reporter with Infotel News, bald-ish, loves games and am a member of www.gamerswithjobs.com.

I hope my asking questions doesn't bother you.

Cheers
Shannon Quesnel AKA Strangeblades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally understood...I am 48, married with a 9 year old daughter. I work for Kamloops Youth Soccer Association coordinating the Rep Soccer Program.

If you want to meet in a neutral location like a coffee shop then we could chat about games etc.

Thanks
Clive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Furtado
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is great, just what I came here looking for! I just moved back up to Penticton from the Lower Mainland and have been looking for fellow board gamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
BcDruid wrote:
This is great, just what I came here looking for! I just moved back up to Penticton from the Lower Mainland and have been looking for fellow board gamers!

Woooo! That's great news. My email is shannonquesnel@yahoo.ca want to meet up for coffee?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Clive65 wrote:
Totally understood...I am 48, married with a 9 year old daughter. I work for Kamloops Youth Soccer Association coordinating the Rep Soccer Program.

If you want to meet in a neutral location like a coffee shop then we could chat about games etc.

Thanks
Clive

That sounds good. I'll let you know on Monday what a good time or what. Is that cool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Swarthy Avenger wrote:
Hi,

I'm based in Penticton too (although I'll be moving to Kelowna in September).

I have a small gaming group based out of Okanagan College (where I work). We generally play Twilight Imperium, Game of Thrones (2nd Edition), Arkham Horror, Battlestar Galactica. I also own Catan (but I have never played it) and I play Caracassone with my girlfriend.

I'm always looking for new people to play board games with. I do tend to gravitate to the heavier, epic and thematic games though.

I'll drop you some info on Monday if that's alright? I'll have a better sense of my schedule by then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
StrangeBlades wrote:
Clive65 wrote:

Thanks
Clive

That sounds good. I'll let you know on Monday what a good time or what. Is that cool?

I will message you next time I know I am heading to my in-laws and then we can possibly arrange a time. Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Bergen
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
That sounds good. We are likely going to try to game a game day next weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
EDIT: I sent some PMs out with my contact info. So, um, check yer emails? I'm so awkward at this. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
I'll drop my email here, shannonquesnel@yahoo.ca

Yes, so for those interested in my gaming habits, I enjoy almost anything. I love learning new games and don't mind losing. I've played Arkham Horror, Operation Flashpoint (great game!), Catan, Battlestar Galactica, Quarriors, Zombies!!!, Ascension, Claustrophobia, New Science, Tomorrow (I played the beta), Cards Against Humanity and Artemis with the guy who created it! That was fun. Oh and Joust, that game with the PS3 controllers.

I'm very interested in playing epic wargames especially with chits. (I'm a fan of Hearts of Iron III). Of course I also would love to try social traitor games more often.

My wife has very similar tastes to mine as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Bergen
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Oh wow, you like Hearts of Iron III. I love that game (and all Paradox Interactive games).

I'm gonna try to set up a Twilight Imperium game either this weekend or next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Really busy today, but I should be available all day Wednesday for quick meet up. Anybody who wants to connect drop me a line at shannonquesnel@yahoo.ca. Let's get this board game train rolling. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
OK folks. I'm feeling better and am standing by to take your calls. ;-)

I had an arm infection from ... something... and now I'm feeling better thanks to clean living and modern drug science.

I hear there is something happening this weekend and I should be up for it. I'd love to play TI or anything anyone has going. Let me know here or PM me.

Thanks

SB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Regehr
Canada
flag msg tools
Was just searching 'penticton' plus 'board games' not thinking I'd actually turn something up. Nice to be surprised.

Live in penticton, married, 30 years old, new born baby girl. Wife plays some games, but generally more casual, light hearted stuff.

Was interested in playing some deeper games. Played and enjoyed, Pandemic, Dominion, Carcassonne, last night on earth, zombicide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Hey hey. Excellent. I too was looking for Penticton boardgamers and was pleasantly surprised. Just played a game recently. Always looking for more folks to game with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Q
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
There is a monthly all-invited boardgame night in Kelowna.

https://www.facebook.com/events/635570583126695/

May 16, 2013, 6:30 p.m. Streaming Cafe, 596 Leon Avenue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Just moved back to Penticton myself and have been checking around for board game groups. Sadly I've had to leave my collection back in Alberta for the time being, but I tended to really enjoy the heavily themed games most. Arkham Horror (or Elder Sign for those short evenings), Descent (lately 2nd edition), Mice and Mystics, Catan, etc.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to get back to playing soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Bergen
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Miles

Strange Blades an I have been trying to set something up for the past couple weeks. We played BSG at the college a few weeks ago and it was a blast.

I'm also into the heavy themed games (I have Twilight Imperium, Game of Thrones, Arkham Horror and I just ordered Rex).

Our biggest issue right now seems to be finding a good place to play. My place is too small and I'm in OK Falls so its out unfortunately, and the college campus is no longer open on the weekends so its out as well.

I'd love see a regular board game group in Penticton take shape!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Princeton for the summer. If you guys have any weekend plans, I'd be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Currently lots of space at my place, although I'd first need to get some proper furniture into it before attempting to host anything. (Will be working on that in the coming weeks)

Not sure if it may be possible to set something up at Castle Comics? The owner mentioned that it would be nice to see more interest in tabletop, at the moment they mostly have Magic players using that space. Our group had also done smaller games at coffee shops and pubs before which had worked out well if that sounds like an idea.

I'll keep watch on this thread to see if anything else comes together!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.