Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I'm looking for little spaceships (ideally in a few different types) in different colors. Even if they are one type or one color, please let me know.

Can anyone think of a game that is now going cheap that has this sort of bits?

I'm not ready to drop $60 for TI3 just for the bits. Sorry.

Thanks for any leads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm?terms=2137

At least three (3) different space ship type figs in six (6) different colors. They DO seem a bit pricey for what you get, though they may fit the bill for what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a few...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:

At least three (3) different space ship type figs in six (6) different colors. They DO seem a bit pricey for what you get, though they may fit the bill for what you are looking for.

At $1 for a bag of 96 ships, I think it's a pretty good deal.

I have no use whatsoever for them, and I'm thinking of getting some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Nice call Edward!

Gotta love the web.

They also have mini-poker chips (3/4") at 400 chips for $2 (8 packs of 50 with 45 white and 5 red per pack).

All orders are $6+ for shipping and they have a minimum order of $10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
puffinslayer wrote:
Bearcat89 wrote:

At $1 for a bag of 96 ships, I think it's a pretty good deal.

I have no use whatsoever for them, and I'm thinking of getting some.

Doh! Boy, oh boy, is the unfertilized Gallus gallus domesticus embryo on my visage! I totally misread their pricing as $1 per ship and was reluctant to post the link at that price but did so anyway. The American Science and Surplus site does not have any photos...so here is what the ships look like (fighter planes, space shuttles, warbirds, from bottom center to bottom right):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
The American Science and Surplus site does not have any photos...so here is what the ships look like (fighter planes, space shuttles, warbirds, [...]

You can also look through the gallery for Buck Rogers: Battle for the 25th Century, as they're the same figures.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/548

An alternate source of plastic spaceship figures would be to cannibalize some of the fare by Fleet Games, Inc. (Fleets, Stargate SG-1). But the American Science and Surplus site is definitely a cheaper route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trnardo wrote:
Bearcat89 wrote:
The American Science and Surplus site does not have any photos...so here is what the ships look like (fighter planes, space shuttles, warbirds, [...]

You can also look through the gallery for Buck Rogers: Battle for the 25th Century, as they're the same figures.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/548

The game itself quite frequently comes up on eBay (at least in the UK), and some bargains can be had, especially on copies posted as incomplete - people wanting the game itself tend not to bid on these, yet there is still a wealth of components to be had.

Postage is often the biggest cost, as it is a big and heavy box - however, this is a reflection of what you are getting.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Acosta
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some cheap minis:

http://www.kallistra.co.uk/Shop/SD3K%20Shop.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemmings in Space has some little spaceships and it's pretty cheap:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
grandslam wrote:

I'm not ready to drop $60 for TI3 just for the bits. Sorry.

Thanks for any leads.

I got a bunch from the old TI2 in an expansion called Twilight Armada:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/6189

They have a nice selection of different colors. Of course I never really liked the game, so mine are collecting dust now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
Nekura wrote:
Lemmings in Space has some little spaceships and it's pretty cheap:

The Ships are the same than in "Buck Rogers Battle for the 25th Century"
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you could get second edition of Twilight Imperium quite cheaply now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
[size=11]You can also check out these:

by 'clicking' upon this LINK:

http://www.ustoy.com/cgi-bin/ustoy_cgi.sh/WService=ustoy/ust...

AND then upon the "Novelties~Space & Astronauts on Page-3"
They're pretty inexpensive and just L@@K at how many you 'get' for their PRICE!
surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. The minis in the top picture are ships from Silent Death. Not a bad price for some spares, albeit, the ones most players already have plenty of. Plus, I'm guessing you'd still need the stands. Still tempting, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
goo [size=11]even "weirder" still, is that a company called as "NEXUS"("Atlantic") made a 'package' of those, based upon whatever, and sold them! I've got this myself years ago, and it COST $8.50 at the time, while they 'advertise' them as "XXX(30th) Century Starships" with '2'-sprues of '6'-designs in hard-(polystyrene) plastic, along with the "bases" for these. You can even BUY the "bases" seperately somewhere also. I've seen those "bases" as CLEAR, BLACK, and BLACK-w/'specs' of *sparkle* in them, for some sort of "celestrial" effect, such as intermingled "stars" I suppose.
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... thanks for the info GROGnads!

If I can find the bases, I'll buy them. If you (or anyone else) happens to find them, please send me a PM. (And post here, too!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Williams
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware - The USTOY "silent death" ships are much larger than the original miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stassa Sideromassa
Thailand
flag msg tools
GROGnads wrote:
goo [size=11]even "weirder" still, is that a company called as "NEXUS"("Atlantic") made a 'package' of those, based upon whatever, and sold them! I've got this myself years ago, and it COST $8.50 at the time, while they 'advertise' them as "XXX(30th) Century Starships" with '2'-sprues of '6'-designs in hard-(polystyrene) plastic, along with the "bases" for these. You can even BUY the "bases" seperately somewhere also. I've seen those "bases" as CLEAR, BLACK, and BLACK-w/'specs' of *sparkle* in them, for some sort of "celestrial" effect, such as intermingled "stars" I suppose.
cool

...errr, you 're wrong in assuming Nexus is infringeing the copyright for the spaceships. I know 'cause I 've been looking into this thing for the last week or so. In fact, I landed in here by googling "nexus".

So, the story goes like this. A looong time ago ('round the '70s) there was this company called Atlantic (aha, I hear you say) which manufactured superb quality 1/72 (22mm) scale historic miniatures of ancients, WWII and Wild West.

At some point they ventured into the sci-fi sector and produced at least three boxes, one with Mechs, one with, well, space marines in power armour (complete with different choices of heavy weapons, *and* a sergeant with a power sword and bolt pistol, thank you very much) and one with spaceships.

Sometime during the late 80s, Atlantic died away and some of the molds (the ones that didn't end up in Iraq, of all places, for some reason) came in the possession of a company called Niagara, which licensed them to two other companies, Nexus and Waterloo 1815.

Of Waterloo 1815 I couldn't find any trace on the net. Nexus have a site with a photo catalog of their products here:

http://www.nexusgames.com/atlantic/image_catalog.html

The last three sets in the page are the Mechs, marines and spaceships. They are sold as "Steel Heroes", "Space Warriors" and "Starships" respectively, priced at 3.50 Brit Pounds per box and come with assorted hexagonal bases. I don't know the titles of the original sets but my guess is, they were not changed.

The same miniatures are also sold and, apparently, also produced by a company called EM-4. Possibly, they have something to do with Waterloo 1815

This:

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Science_Fiction.html

is the part of their catalog that covers unpainted plastic sets. You can see at the bottom of the page that they sell the mechs, marines and spaceships under slightly different names as "Mechs", "Space Rangers" and "Spacecraft". The 'ships cost 2.50 BP, one less than Nexus' price, but then, they come without the bases which cost an additional 1 BP, so it evens up.

I would suppose EM-4 got the rights for the three sets properly, as they also have the rights for a lot of Grenadier's old sets- remaking old sets seems to be their stock in trade (and I won't complain; especially for the Future Warriors range.)

As you know, the spaceships also come with the Silent Death: The Next Millenium game.

As I continue my search, I expect to find at least half a dozen orther manufacturers and retailers offering the same ships, as well as some selling the marines and mechs too. I wonder, for example, who makes the 2 1/4" ones sold on ustoy- since they are bigger than the originals (which are about 1 1/2") and, from what I can see on the siet, also in two colours, they must have been remade- and rescaled too!

They do get around a lot for such small craft, huh?

It's just that those models are so convenient... there's so few cheap, small spaceships around and so many people who need them (yes, me too) and the same goes for the marines (and even the mechs, though they 're rather bad) that they 're still resaleable even after so many years. I guess some manufacturers/ retailers realised it and they 're keeping them around.

Overall, a good thing I feel.

GoblinOperaaaaaaaaaaaaAH out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stassa Sideromassa
Thailand
flag msg tools
Oh, I forgot. Garry P, there's bases for the same ships from em-4:

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/MINIAATURES_BASES.html

15 for one pound. I don't know where you 're shopping from, though, so if you 're overseas, it's probably not really worth it, unless you need a couple of bags at least.

Try here:

http://www.star-ranger.com/Home.htm

There's something for everyone's space game, I wager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chriscoe
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
That Sciplus website was too good to pass up. I put in an order for every one of the Buck Rogers pieces, and found some Star Trek RPG manuals right underneath it 5 for $2. So here is me crossing my fingers in the hope that everything works out. =)

I figured having the figures around will give me more motivation to tinker with my space conquest board game I have been slowing thinking about creating. I am a real go-getter after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
goblinopera wrote:

...errr, you 're wrong in assuming Nexus is infringeing the copyright for the spaceships. I know 'cause I 've been looking into this thing for the last week or so. In fact, I landed in here by googling "nexus".

Well, I hadn't intended upon "implying" that they'd done such, but was just giving 'notice' about these in particular. Since I had them before ever "hearing" OF these within that 'Game', or anything else. I'm always ON the "lookout" for this kind of 'stuff', and even recently then I've 'found' some "Armed Spacemen" that are included with 'bags' of regular ole "Army Mens", and in '2' different COLORS for them, of Dark GREEN & GRAY! They have '4' "poses" for these, and with various "weaponry", including something akin to a "Nukular Bazooka", or some such. Of course, you can also utilize the "Buck Rogers" game 'guys' as well, and these are around the same SIZE as those. I also have '5' SETS of '6'-"Commandewr" or "Leaders" figures, in differinig COLORS too. I have no idea just what or where those are from, so that's about it concerning these. Remember to just have FUN with this ALL.
robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread necromancy! zombie

Still, this thread turns up in my Google searches, so I might as well answer here. There are packs of 144 plastic space ships in different colors for cheap listed on Amazon now:
http://www.amazon.com/Pack-144-Space-Ships-Assortment/dp/B00... or http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Space-Ships-12-dz/dp/B004GBD4U...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
A skinned math nerd wrote:
Thread necromancy!

I was wondering why that Science & Surplus link went to somewhere that had nothing to do with spaceships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/rocket-red

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.