Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks! Another update (and see, I've even left it a few days since the last one so I'm not spamming your inboxes).

A couple of people have been asking about minigames that I've been putting together, and it struck me that I'd completely forgot about posting them. So, in order to make it up to you guys I figured I'd give you the rundown on a couple of them.

1. CAPTURE

This is a game for between two and four players using the twenty-five cards from Fox & Chicken and the KS exclusives. Shuffle the cards up and deal two to each player, then make a line of five face down cards in the middle of the table where everyone can reach it. The remaining cards form a draw pile.

The objective is simple: capture as many chickens as possible. In order to take a chicken card from the line, you must surround it on both sides by foxes.

Each turn you may do one of the following actions:

Flip any card in the line either face up or face down
Add a card from your hand to either end of the line, face up or face down, then take another from the pile
Switch the position of any two cards
If a single Chicken is face up with Foxes face up on either side, the Chicken is captured and added to your pile. The cards in the line are pushed together, closing the gap.

Examples:

X = Face down card / F = Fox / C = Chicken

X X F C F X - this line up means the Chicken is captured
X F X C F X - this line up means the Chicken is captured
X F C C F X - this line up means the Chickens are safe
C F X X F X - this line up means the Chicken is safe
The game ends either when one player has captured five Chickens or there are no cards left on the draw pile.

2. CHICKENS MIGHT FLY

This game is more dexterity based - as long as you've got aim, you're good to go! The Chickens are determined to get their revenge on those fearsome Foxes so have decided to go on the offence... and you're going to help them!

Again, this is a game for between two and four players. Take the Fox cards from the deck and drop them on the floor. Wherever they land, flip them so they're all facing up and all players can see the Fox pictures.

Now, one by one, players must stand over the play area, holding a card in their hand with their arm fully stretched out. You must then drop the card and attempt to land it on one of the Foxes - managing to do so means you have divebombed the Fox and you may claim it as a trophy! If the pile of Chicken cards runs out, collect them all and reform the deck, then collect the remaining Foxes and re-drop them. Begin the attack again!

You can make the game a little easier by getting the players to kneel down or drop the cards from waist height. If you fancy more of a challenge, you could always only claim the Fox card when the image is covered over entirely!

So, there's a couple of ideas I came up with. A whole slew of people have got in touch with new concepts by emailing me via michael@littlemetaldog.com - over the next few days I'll be posting up a few of their games too, and all will be given credit in the game as well as A Truly Exciting Limited Edition Version of the game!

(Well, it'll come in a different coloured bag. Glamorous!)

Last of all, keep an eye on your inboxes tomorrow for the big reveal of Rooster Pack Number 2... We think you lot are going to like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.