Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be biased. I have the Bones miniatures coming soon and should have some good proxies in there, and if not, I can probably find good proxies for much less than the price of the official ones. I hadn't really kept up on discussions regarding the minis, but I don't really understand why they went metal for the lieutenants, it just makes them unnecessarily expensive. They could have at least done pre-painted plastic like some of their other games (City of Thieves and Mansions and Madness for instance), or unpainted plastic that would have been much cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard mixed. I asked, and was told no. Someone else said they asked, and were told yes. There was a post from someone from FFG (I think it was Christian Petersen) that FFG is planning to do something special regarding these minis; I got the impression they were rethinking the individual-sale model, but that could be wishful thinking.

So I don't really know. I need to see them, and how much they cost. I'd like to see them available in a single package, as all six are used in the campaign and buying them piecemeal seems a bit silly. I'd prefer plastic in that case, provided it's cheaper.

So, neither answer really works for me. I'm waiting for additional info. A $20 (or thereabouts) lieutenant pack would go over much better with me than six separate minis for $10 each. In the meantime I have minis from Heroscape that stand in nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't gotten Descent 2 lieutenants minis yet, and no announcement has been made as to what they will be made off, and if they are pre-painted, how they will be packaged, and what the price will be.

Christian Peterson has said somewhere on here (BGG Descent 2 forums) that they were rethinking how the lieutenants would be offered. I strongly suspect we will see an offering much like the adventurers heroes: a pre-painted pack of all lieutenants, plastic, for about $35 (MSRP) or so.

The previous format of individually packaged metal minis for $10 a piece was both too expensive and too labor intensive for me (you can't really leave the metal unpainted)

As an aside, I wouldn't even mind if lieutenants were offered in a new color plastic, but otherwise unpainted. That would fit in perfectly with Descent too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:
Christian Peterson has said somewhere on here (BGG Descent 2 forums) that they were rethinking how the lieutenants would be offered.
That explains the delay. That's good news to me because the original announcement was "28mm scale, lead-free pewter figures" like the others, but at $10 each, that just doesn't seem worth it.

I also think unpainted plastic in a different color would be pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first edition minis were hit and (mostly) miss as far as design. I would also agree that they were too expensive. I don't think the material had much to do with that. A lower price point could easily be attained in metal.

I can't say I'm particularly interested in any of the new lieutenants, based on the art I've seen of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Murray
msg tools
I'm new to these types of board games so I was disappointed that they weren't included when I actually started playing. It kind of sucks that you have these awesome miniatures for the regular monsters, but the lieutenants are just flat chits. I went online to buy them only to find that none are available right now. Really disappointing. It looks like Alric and Merrick are out of print, Lady Farrow is out of stock, and the other three haven't been made yet. I can't find any info on Valyndra so I'm not sure if they're even planning on making a mini for her. I hope they do release them eventually at a reasonable price (possibly together in one pack). Honestly, I would have preferred a stripped down game with less monsters that actually included the figures for every character in the box just to keep it consistent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want them because I don't like the cardboard tokens. And I like official stuff, not proxies. That said: the announced price for the metal mini's is a bit high. If it were up to me I'd favour plastic (non painted please), and sold in a pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ogden
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
RobertDD wrote:
We haven't gotten Descent 2 lieutenants minis yet, and no announcement has been made as to what they will be made off, and if they are pre-painted, how they will be packaged, and what the price will be.

Christian Peterson has said somewhere on here (BGG Descent 2 forums) that they were rethinking how the lieutenants would be offered. I strongly suspect we will see an offering much like the adventurers heroes: a pre-painted pack of all lieutenants, plastic, for about $35 (MSRP) or so.

The previous format of individually packaged metal minis for $10 a piece was both too expensive and too labor intensive for me (you can't really leave the metal unpainted)

As an aside, I wouldn't even mind if lieutenants were offered in a new color plastic, but otherwise unpainted. That would fit in perfectly with Descent too.

That seems realistic to me as well although I think the best possible solution is to tell a 6 pack of the luits in BLUE plastic unpainted. I couldn't care less about the price. I keep barking at the staff at the FF event center telling them to take my damn money and make these things but it seems like they are extremely distracted by this star wars game and the game of thrones stuff they are releasing.

It makes me sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bezio
United States
Lyndon Station
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gawd, I wish we would get some concrete news on this already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.