Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Eminent Domain» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variable powers working like scenarios to make it a bit like Cosmic? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When I saw the scenarios in the expansion, I thought for a minute that they were alien powers, where each player got one and it did different things for players. I believe I got this wrong. But, it did get me thinking. Would it be possible to have players get different starting powers in the game, to give them different abilities? Maybe a simple way is to start players off with a unique tech.

Anyhow have ideas or clarification or want for clarification for me on this on how the expansion and regular game work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion scenarios already have each player start with a unique tech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sdougla2 wrote:

Does each player get different tech or do all the players get the same tech? I was under the impression that the scenarios were the same starting tech for all players, with the scenario varying what it is. Does each player get their own scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
docreason wrote:
When I saw the scenarios in the expansion, I thought for a minute that they were alien powers, where each player got one and it did different things for players. I believe I got this wrong. But, it did get me thinking. Would it be possible to have players get different starting powers in the game, to give them different abilities? Maybe a simple way is to start players off with a unique tech.

Anyhow have ideas or clarification or want for clarification for me on this on how the expansion and regular game work?

Possible? Well almost anything is possible, but this is not something that we are planning on.

The scenarios are the closest that we will get to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
docreason wrote:
sdougla2 wrote:

Does each player get different tech or do all the players get the same tech? I was under the impression that the scenarios were the same starting tech for all players, with the scenario varying what it is. Does each player get their own scenario?

Yes, every player gets a different scenario that changes which role cards, planet, and technology they get. This should lead to some big variety in game direction as players will be playing differently to take advantage of their starting position and its strengths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.