Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that one exists dealing with player numbers, which is awesome, but has anyone done one for user suggested ages? It would be a HUGE help in picking out games for my 4 year old.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found this: http://www.kidgameratings.com/index.aspx

Helpful, but missing a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What would you say is missing from kidgameratings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
What would you say is missing from kidgameratings?

Well, there are 42 pages of kids games on Funagain Game's website. A lot of them aren't on kidgameratings.

Damn, kidgameratings is perfect. If it was only more comprehensive, it would be THE go to place for parents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use to contribute a lot to that site.

It was down for a long time after getting hit by hackers or something (maybe it was a database meltdown). I don't believe he's added any new games since then and just checked and don't see that you can 'log in' any more.

So, the 'missing' stuff really is any 'new games', but there is a lot there that is helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Jedo1 wrote:
Just found this: http://www.kidgameratings.com/index.aspx

Helpful, but missing a lot.

Hi all, I'm the owner of KidGameRatings.com

Yes, sadly the site is very out of date, and I don't have time to work on it these days.

I'm probably going to close it down, or more likely just put up a couple static pages with the most important game lists.

If anyone wants to take over development of the site, they are welcome. It's using a SQL Server database and ASP.NET 2.0

You can most likely score free games from publishers like Gamewright, if you want an incentive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I'll add that it was always my hope that BGG would eventually do what KGR is trying to do. I think BGG is better with kid games now than it was several years ago, but it could still be better.

I always encourage people to lobby BGG to do kid games better. BGG is the best, logical place for that. It wouldn't be that hard to make BGG an excellent source for finding good kid games, if BGG decided to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.