R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my second (edit, now third) dealing with Mayday and they are 3-0 for me.

Back story: my first dealing with them was at Christmas time. A few very vocal people told me not to deal with them because of an incident involving a scratched table. But I went ahead with a purchase anyway to sleeve a big bunch of Dominion cards on the Christmas pricing special and was glad I did. Fast shipping and hundreds of cards sleeved later and NO bad sleeves. I was impressed as I would have been happy with a few bad sleeves.

OK so this time, I recently got Star Trek Deck Building Game: The Next Generation and Star Trek Deck Building Game: The Next Generation – Next Phase. I geekmailed mayday games to ask if the premium sleeves fit as well as the regular penny for this game. He replied quickly and rather than just tell me his opinion, he sent me samples to see which one worked best (the penny sleeves had a consistent slight over hang which was ideal, the premiums consistently made the card stick out by just a hair).

So I found a coupon, ordered a big 'ol pile of sleeves (I bought plenty of extras for other games), received them in 3 days time and am perfectly happy with my purchase. I kept the dialogue open with Mayday on BGG, thanking them and getting another quick response.

Mayday has become my go to for several reasons. The sleeves are perfect for my needs. They're guaranteed, just in case. Official communication is easy and always gets answered. They sent me free samples. They're the second cheapest sleeves I could purchase (less than 2 cents per sleeve). I'm happy enough with this experience, I went to my local geekery and bought myself a Mayday Microbadge.

Cheers.

Edit: For anyone wanting to know, the cheap blue sleeves (59mmX92mm) were ideal for Dominion (fit back in the box and everything). And the Greensleeves I originally got were the "almost-a-penny" which worked with one batch but that seems to have been a fluke. Ideal for Bandai's entire Star Trek catalogue are Mayday's 7041s (standard green label), perfect fit. I've got all three sets now sleeved and perfectly matched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My recent experience with Mayday
Other than issues with ordering from them directly and some small sleeves I've never had major issues with Mayday.

Oh wait. I'm still waiting for the Zombie Die I paid extra for on my Eaten by Zombies kickstarter. Forgot about that. Off to email Seth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stinkoman wrote:
I'm still waiting for the Zombie Die I paid extra for on my Eaten by Zombies kickstarter.

You should probably start a thread for that. You'd probably get a response there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Baughman
United States
Moses Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier."
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always had positive interactions with them too. Just last week I emailed them about an issue i had with a couple packs of sleeves and within a day they responded and had new ones in the mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a link to a negative review about them earlier this year in another forum on Mayday, and they geekmailed a rather thoughtful response about the incident in question. I wasn't completely convinced, but nonetheless it was a nice and upstanding thing to do, I thought, and I've amended my opinion of them as a result.
-ryanjamal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday has to be the only company on earth that would merit a praise thread because they managed to get two orders right. But I do get it - for them that's special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
... But I do get it - for them that's special.

cool OK, there is simply no way around all the crazy controversies, still they are the best sleeves for the price IMO and they have never given me cause not to continue buying them. Plus, they answer my questions quickly and helpfully.

If the price goes up to that of FF sleeves, or if I had a bad experience with their product in which they were unwilling to honor their guarantee, I'd be upset. But they've already sent me more samples (plenty) than defective products (zero) so for now, as far as the sleeve game goes, I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
We're still waiting on Bootleggers with crappy and vague updates...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK here's a strange hiccup. I bought the third set in the series of ST deck builders and purchased more Mayday sleeves to match.

Unfortunately the almost-a-penny sleeves no longer fit. It seems my original batch was larger than they usually come. Further ones were slightly too small (bowing the cards slightly). I even checked them against the older series to make sure the card sizes didn't change.

So I contacted the company and they sent me replacements, same thing, too small. So then they sent me the 7041s, still green label but not the almost-a-penny, and they fit perfectly just as the others had done before.

Weird, but problem fixed. I don't understand how that works but I'm still a happy customer and this still counts as a mutual win, despite the road bump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have our latest restock of 7105 (Almost a Penny) sleeves coming on Monday and we can ship any replacements anyone needs at that time! Thanks for reporting back and we're glad the 7041 finally worked for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.