Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: A care nothing for deckbuilding... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there. First time posting on this forum.

I own the core game (and used to play for a brief season the older game), and I have to say I really, truly, care nothing for deckbuilding.

But I like the setting and how the game plays.

I'm not sure if this was asked before, so, please accept my apology for being redundant, but I'm looking for a list of cards I can can make a couple of decks to play with the core set.

Is there any? Are they any good if played as is? Do you have any advice?

Cheers,

Piero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just use the starter decks included with the base game? They're darned balanced. I actually had all of my cards sleeved with just one core set, then I could just swap out the neutrals between factions when I wanted to play something different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Why not just use the starter decks included with the base game? They're darned balanced. I actually had all of my cards sleeved with just one core set, then I could just swap out the neutrals between factions when I wanted to play something different.

Ah ok, I was not aware there were starter decks!

They are balanced? Beautiful. All that I wanted to hear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You make the starter decks by combining all cards of one faction (e.g. shapers) with all the neutral cards of the same type (in this case, runner neutral cards). All cards in a given deck should have the same colored backs (red for runner, blue for corp). In this fashion, you can have one of three runner decks and one of four corp decks right out of the box. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, quite well balanced if that's your concern. Game plays great out of the box. Jinteki is maybe a little underpowered but not unplayably so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Major
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
So, here's an idea...

Once the Genesis Cycle is ver, what would be GREAT for FFG to do would be to publish "Updated Starter Decks", playtested and balanced.

Great incentive for people to get the data packs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
javascrybe wrote:
So, here's an idea...

Once the Genesis Cycle is ver, what would be GREAT for FFG to do would be to publish "Updated Starter Decks", playtested and balanced.

FFG does occasionally publish decklists in their Deluxe Expansions; they tend to be pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
javascrybe wrote:
So, here's an idea...

FFG does occasionally publish decklists in their Deluxe Expansions; they tend to be pretty good.

If they're anything like the calibre of deck found on their official site with the release of Chaos Theory...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3943

... Er, lol

Chaos Theory’s Personal Workshop

Chaos Theory (Cyber Exodus, 46)

Hardware (7):
1x Lemuria Codecracker
3x Rabbit Hole
3x The Toolbox

Programs (10):
1x Crypsis
1x Gordian Blade
3x Magnum Opus
1x Ninja
3x Parasite
1x Snowball (Trace Amount, 27)

Resources (8):
1x Aesop’s Pawnshop
3x Armitage Codebusting
3x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus, 49)
1x The Helpful AI (What Lies Ahead, 8)

Events (15):
3x Diesel
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus, 43)
3x Modded
3x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus, 47)

Total Cards (40)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Major
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
manydills wrote:
javascrybe wrote:
So, here's an idea...

If they're anything like the calibre of deck found on their official site with the release of ...

To be fair, in the context of this thread power matters much less than fun/balance. Imagine a set of 7 "updated" decks that are relatively balanced, that's more like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
javascrybe wrote:
Tuism wrote:
manydills wrote:
javascrybe wrote:
So, here's an idea...

If they're anything like the calibre of deck found on their official site with the release of ...

To be fair, in the context of this thread power matters much less than fun/balance. Imagine a set of 7 "updated" decks that are relatively balanced, that's more like it.

I do wonder if it wasn't a case of trying to induce "OMG, 3 Toolboxes! They cost 9 apiece, they must be as awesome as Colossus of Sardia!!! How do I get hold of those??!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't knock colossus of sardia. That's a VERY useful card. I currently have one keeping my coffee table level. It's great because I don't have 9 mana to make him untap, so he's stuck there. Couldn't be better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game today, W vs Noise. I have to say that money is as tight as it can get... :O

Overall I'm satisfied of the game as it played just out of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.