Subject: First Play thoughts, and thoughts on shorter game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother and I played today, we both like the game alot. I dunno how people are getting so crossed up on rules, we played all day and really only had the 1 question I posted.

Also on length, it seems alot of people think this game is about getting to lvl 10, it's not. It's about being the highest lvl.

If playing with just 2 players, remove 1/4 of the deck. should speed up the game and not have every game ending in tie breakers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We had some fun but its mostly because of the group and how we made it fun ourselves. We were chanting NAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAH almost every other turn and were rooting for batman to come out and kick our butts. however:
1) it seems we did not get batman to come out very often and when he does come out, he wasn't too effective
2) killer croc leveled up very fast and become very scary. None of the other villans could defeat him and thus we ended up mostly in our hideouts while killer croc is on the loose.
3) It came to a point that killer croc was going AFTER batman to kick his butt!
4) we realised its quite hard to level up past level 6 or 7 because of the sheer amount of items required.

overall we stopped after 2 hours in with killer croc leading at 7 and me as penguin trailing at 3. We did have some fun but feel the game is too long. Perhaps if there was some tweak like removing some of the levels so make it a shorter game, more batman cards for more variety on what batman can do or even make it a variant where if you defeat batman 5 times then you win the game so that we will be gunning for batman to appear and give him a good beating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.