Popular Tags: [View All]
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the upcoming products page, creation and control went to print today. Exciting time to be a runner (or a corp, I suppose).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so glad they are creating... Creation and control!!! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh Phil...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we should have asked them if you can Forged Activation Orders on an unrezzed ICE on an Awakening Center or not *before* they went to print it? Oh well, I reckon we can get a good 10 page argument over if an ICE on an awakening center counts as a legal unrezzed ICE for Forged Activation orders or not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
Maybe we should have asked them if you can Forged Activation Orders on an unrezzed ICE on an Awakening Center or not *before* they went to print it?

May as well start now...

The ice is installed and hosted (the wording is more like Djinn than Personal Workshop). That makes it a valid FAO target. Since it's impossible to rez the ice (because the runner can't be making a run if we're resolving FAO), it is trashed.

I expect card errata to FAO that makes it "choose an unrezzed piece of ice protecting a server".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
Kandiru wrote:
Maybe we should have asked them if you can Forged Activation Orders on an unrezzed ICE on an Awakening Center or not *before* they went to print it? Oh well, I reckon we can get a good 10 page argument over if an ICE on an awakening center counts as a legal unrezzed ICE for Forged Activation orders or not...

According to the text, the card is installed "facedown", not "unrezzed". I'd go with a no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, but the rules define rezzing as turning an installed facedown card face up...

Rez: This is the act of flipping a facedown card faceup. The
Corporation installs his cards facedown and must rez them in
order to use them.

Is unrezzed different to facedown? WHO CAN SAY?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
Kandiru wrote:
Ah, but the rules define rezzing as turning an installed facedown card face up...

Actually, the manual says that rez is "the process by which the corporation reveals his install cards and allows them to take effect".

A piece of ice installed on Awakening Center only has effect when you trigger AC, so, in my point of view (and I'm not claiming to be sure of it) pieces of ice in AC are neither rezzed nor unrezzed. (golden rule)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
it went back to being in development :I

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
experimilk wrote:
it went back to being in development :I
That's fine with me. If they've found stuff that needs tweaking, I want them to fix it rather than release an unbalanced product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teky Teky
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sorry for the ignorance but Awakening is like melting my brain right now...

I'll tell how i think it works and let me know is im wrong.

- I install it as an upgrade.

- Then i can, in any turn, INSTALL (the card says "each piece is installed") an ICE in front of ANY server and put a host counter on it, and avoid any installation cost.

- When the runner passes ALL ices (if there's none it's considered like he passes all the ices, all 0 of them) before he access, I can use Awakening.

- The I choose any of the hosted ices (on any server), the runner encounter it, we resolve the encounter, the run continues (with the runner accessing the server where Awakening is, if he can) and lastly the ICE gets trashed.

Is that right? In that case this trigger some questions:

1) All the hosted ices cannot be rezzed by paying their respective rez cost?
2) When trashing the upgrade that host all the ices, they get trashed too?

Lastly, i think if this is the case, the card is pretty balanced, since you are choosing ices that would only work once, and have a risk of being directly trashed by trashing the host, and also you are telling in advance to the user how many bioroids are in play...

Let me know if I'm talking nonesense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.