Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Gillis
Canada
Killam
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I have been following developments along with everyone else and found the extended play vids very insightful. While I still have some questions about the game, I am sure everything will release cleanly in January.

Today I was thinking about the group synergy in the vids, and for some reason I got to thinking about profession combos. Now I am sure the origin of these ideas sprung from some MMO or other board game, but I just had to throw it out there.

So select cards would be inserted into each hero deck. A card would have a matching card in every other deck; when drawn together they would combine for a potent attack that would involve traits from both hero types. An obvious example would be the archer and acolyte drawing cards and matching for 'fire missile' or the acolyte and the skald combining for 'funeral dirge' ect. Each deck might have only one card (so as not to dilute the base mechanics) but there would be a potential match for each hero type. There could be fate dice recipe's attached to these attacks, but in turn they would generate a healthy amount of AP. Both cards would be placed simultaneously Proximity may have a factor but hopefully not complicating things.

Drawbacks: As mentioned, the addition of one card in a thirty one card deck has potential to dilute the card synergy in the deck. A more powerful effect could mess with balance against the darkness effectiveness (except for the push back after taking a pile of AP). There might be a danger with it being an uber card that players would wait for, potentially slowing things down. With expansions, other hero classes would be missing from the card and it would have to be updated/replaced.

Overall, despite concerns this would be a fun way to mix the 'fully co-op effect' even more and set up some fun combos that would stay in tune with the overall theme. With what experience I have had with this sort of thing in other games, it has been a lot of fun.

So that's it. Rip it apart, comments, queries. At least it's out there.laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a cool idea, but I quite don't see how it's different from what is already being done.

As it stands, you're trying to decide as a party, what the best combination of cards would be to use in a single turn for maximum effectiveness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillis
Canada
Killam
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, except that all actions happen independent of each other. These would be joined effect for a significant punch, more than an independent card could do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a cool idea,.... Perhaps not as upgrade to existing heroes but maybe in an advanced set? How about two "synergy" heroes,.... Wonder twin powers Activate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.