Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or do the cardboard components feel a little thin? My only frame of reference for eggert / Pegasus is Village and there the tiles, tokens and player boards were thicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this, and cannot agree with you. In fact I was surprised about the thickness and good quality of the player boards and playing cards.
The cardboard chits felt perfectly normal for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
I just played this, and cannot agree with you. In fact I was surprised about the thickness and good quality of the player boards and playing cards.
The cardboard chits felt perfectly normal for me.

Thanks for the reply. Please don't get me wrong, I didn't want to imply that the quality is bad or anything, it just felt thinner than I expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though the actuall tokens are thinner than say a typical board game when you measure thickness alone. However, they are very sturdy and have a nice finish. A lot more durable than the tokens in The Castles of Burgundy IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
MiWi wrote:
Is it just me or do the cardboard components feel a little thin? My only frame of reference for eggert / Pegasus is Village and there the tiles, tokens and player boards were thicker.

I have only played one game of Yedo, but I have no complaints about the thickness of the cardboard. It just seemed the same as most of my other games to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My initial reaction was that they seemed fairly thin. Certainly not as thin as The Castles of Burgundy or Macao (two games - great games I might add - that spring to mind).

However, they seem sturdy and good quality overall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.