Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Running
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Altar of Fire because you can use it more, and since it's not unique you can conceivably use it three times (assuming three copies in play) in one intrigue win. I hate playing against this location, while I can tolerate the occasional Confession.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confession has the element of surprise though. Your opponent knows you have the location, but does not know you have the event. The Altar of Fire also costs gold which could be spent elsewhere. Altar of Fire requires you to win a challenge with a certain type of character, while confession only needs to kneel them or pay 3 influence.

It just depends on what works better in your deck. One may be better in one deck, while the other is vastly superior in another because of how it is set up. ex: House of Dreams with The Red Keep would obviously want to event because they can easily pay for the influence rather than using up their characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
ex: House of Dreams with The Red Keep

You can't have The Red Keep as your HoD location, because House of Dreams only works with in-house locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MD Chis
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
kidohearts wrote:
Which would it be and why please

Thanks

I'd do Altar of Fire unless you find yourself only using it once or twice a game. I somehow doubt that, lol. There is a certain point where it becomes useless to have Altar of Fire, though. Confession has the added advantage of not being dependent on winning a challenge and is superior if you are not hitting Altar of Fire much in your average game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ratatoskr72 wrote:
Entice wrote:
ex: House of Dreams with The Red Keep

You can't have The Red Keep as your HoD location, because House of Dreams only works with in-house locations.

Ah, you're right. I guess my friend always Building Seasons it and I just never notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.