Subject: Zombicide: the first game I have ever painted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this is the game that convinced me to get into painting... and so I started with the survivors:

And then I did the fatties and abominations:

Then I kind of cheated -- I painted some other games for 6 months or so, and then I just came back and finished the runners. I'm curious if anybody can notice any improvement? I've become much more liberal with washes for sure.

Edit: close ups as requested:

I will update this post with walkers when I'm done with them, subscribe if you are interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
So, this is the game that convinced me to get into painting... and so I started with the survivors:

And then I did the fatties and abominations:

Then I kind of cheated -- I painted some other games for 6 months or so, and then I just came back and finished the runners. I'm curious if anybody can notice any improvement? I've become much more liberal with washes for sure.

I will update this post with walkers when I'm done with them, subscribe if you are interested!

Very nice.
What primer / paint did you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
Awesome! and if you enjoy painting them, you're also getting more mileage from the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work. It's difficult to tell if there's an improvement to be honest as the photos are quite far out. You should take some close up pictures of some with the macro function on your camera.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Necrotic Flesh primer from Army Painter for the zombies. Mix of P3 and Vallejo paints.

I will take a close-up photo when I get a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.