United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Final question of this particular game:*

The IROQUOIS ALLIANCE card:

"Play if only your side has fortifications at Oswego or Oneida Carry West or Oneida Carry East...."

Meaning...?

1. You must have fortifications at all three places?
2. There must be NO enemy fortifications at ANY of these places and you must have at least ONE of these places fortified?

*Why, you ask?

Because the (solitaire) game ended really stupidly. The French had amassed 10 VPs in early turns, and the British had slowly whittled them down to 4VPs. The score was back up to Fr 8VPs when I realized that I had forgotten the rule about leaving a captured enemy fort garrisoned or you lose it AND 3VP. So the British, having captured Ohio Forks, moved to Upper Monongahela (sp) to keep the Mingo and Shawnee from making end-runs around them. It was only after a full turn or more of infiltrations, interceptions, raids and battles that I realized my mistake, too late to undo all those moves and do a reset. What could I do but award 3VPs to the French and end the game...?

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
Final question of this particular game:*

The IROQUOIS ALLIANCE card:

"Play if only your side has fortifications at Oswego or Oneida Carry West or Oneida Carry East...."

Meaning...?

1. You must have fortifications at all three places?
2. There must be NO enemy fortifications at ANY of these places and you must have at least ONE of these places fortified?

soblue

It's number 2. You must have a fortification at any one of the three. And your opponent cannot have a fortification in any of the three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:

*Why, you ask?

Because the (solitaire) game ended really stupidly. The French had amassed 10 VPs in early turns, and the British had slowly whittled them down to 4VPs. The score was back up to Fr 8VPs when I realized that I had forgotten the rule about leaving a captured enemy fort garrisoned or you lose it AND 3VP. So the British, having captured Ohio Forks, moved to Upper Monongahela (sp) to keep the Mingo and Shawnee from making end-runs around them. It was only after a full turn or more of infiltrations, interceptions, raids and battles that I realized my mistake, too late to undo all those moves and do a reset. What could I do but award 3VPs to the French and end the game...?

soblue

I hope you didn't end the game in the middle of the Season. Victory conditions are not checked until after the Late Season ends (sequence is Early Season, Late Season, Leaders Go Home, Remove Raid Markers, Winter Attrition, & Victory Check) See Section 4.0. If the French obtained 11 VPs in the Early Season, the British would have the remainder of the Early Season plus the Late Season to reduce the number of French VPs, thusly continuing the game into the next year. See Section 13.11 for more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Kriener
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
the rule about leaving a captured enemy fort garrisoned or you lose it AND 3VP

I think you misinterpreted this: It's not enemy forts but enemy fortresses that you have to garrison in order not to lose them & their 3 VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my. Now I do feel bad. Yes, it's fortresses not forts - so the game was not done after all.... It's all the fault of the English language, having two similar objects having similar names....

Perhaps I should go back to learning Candy Land .....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.