Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Three English attack two Scots. The English move two into the area via "X" as their main attacking force, and one in from area "Y" as reserve. Round one sees the two main force/original English blocks defeated.

Does the battle continue to round two or does the reserve English block retreat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

here is how I play it.

Quoting the rules:
5.32 Combat Reserves
A player may attack via different borders, or attack using two or three Group Moves. The Main Attack Group must be declared during movement; it must start in ONE area, move together, and enter the combat area across ONE border. All other attacking blocks are placed in reserve.
Example: The English player has 4 blocks in Angus and 2 in Mar. Both groups (two moves) attack Buchan. The Attacker declares the Angus group his Main Attack.
Reserve blocks may not fire, retreat, or take hits in Round 1. Reserves are revealed at the beginning of Round 2 or remain hidden if the battle is over. Reserves arrive even if all other friendly blocks have been eliminated. Thereafter they take normal Combat Turns.
Battlefield Control changes if the Attacker eliminates all defenders in Round 1 before Defending reinforcements arrive. The original Attacker is now the Defender for Rounds 2 and 3. The new Attacker must retreat after the 3rd round if not victorious.

For your case: the single English unit MUST continue the fight (still with the normal options to fire, retreat or pass).

I hope this helps.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.