Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Clouthier
United States
Grand Blanc
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering if there is any consensus on the best board game pieces, tokens, figures, meeples, etc. of the past quarter century? For my money any of the Milton Bradley Gamemaster Series (i.e. Axis, Conquest, Broadsides) were years ahead of the curve and still hold up well in today's far more competitive miniatures marketplace. As for more recent games the components in Heroscape and Dread Pirate are really hard to beat. I love the figure details in Arkham's Mansions of Madness and WOTC titles like Ravenloft... too bad they weren't already painted, haven't had the time nor the manual dexterity for such a tedious task since my AD&D figures back in the 80's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United Kingdom
Epping
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't going to be a popular answer, but looking solely at the quality of the pieces, you would have to go a long way to beat the metal Games Workshop miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.