United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Is jumping the end result of 2 cards or does your salmon effectively enter each hex. For example, if you play a move left and straight card to jump, are you considered to have entered the left hex, then the straight hex? OR do you bisect the front and left hexes and move along the hexside into the target hex? I suspect the former. Also to revisit a couple jump questions:

Does a double jump card effectively behave like a single card when used to jump? I have been playing it this way

After reading the prior post, I too am now curious whether you can jump anytime. I assumed jumping was restricted to waterfalls. But I am now wondering if you can jump at other times, such as avoiding bears and fishhooks? I am guessing not.

Thanks
D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
As to your first question, it is the order you play your cards. So if you play forward and then left, you would go over the hex directly in front o you and then to your left, collecting any cards from icons you pass over or enter. If you play left, then straight, you would move to the left (changing the "temporary" hex you are in) and then moving forward.

The rest I am curious to get some official clarification on as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read the rules, your gaining something from the Waterfall hex when you jump over it is an exception.

Quote:
With a jump, you immediately move the salmon to the second hex, skipping the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Brian. I thought that too but it's nice to have confirmtion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard: it does state in the rules you get whatever was in the hex over which you jumped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It mentions that in conjunction with the waterfall, which must be jumped over. If they didn't let you get the card for it, there's no point in having an icon there.

As written, the jumping rules can go either way, so i'm really looking forward to some official clarification regarding the intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caffeinehead wrote:
It mentions that in conjunction with the waterfall, which must be jumped over. If they didn't let you get the card for it, there's no point in having an icon there.

As written, the jumping rules can go either way, so i'm really looking forward to some official clarification regarding the intent.

There would be one other way to get what is on the waterfall...if someone plays a current card, it could force you back over the waterfall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot about that one. In any event, jumping has been cleared up, so that's good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.