GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Homing missile question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stupid question, I did a search and couldn't find it (I'm not the best forum searcher) - from the text on the card it appears that the homing missile is the one missile that does NOT expend the Target Lock, and its only 5 points. Am I right? All other missiles state "expend the lock" - homing missile doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SanguinousRex wrote:
Stupid question, I did a search and couldn't find it (I'm not the best forum searcher) - from the text on the card it appears that the homing missile is the one missile that does NOT expend the Target Lock, and its only 5 points. Am I right? All other missiles state "expend the lock" - homing missile doesn't.

Correct. But "only 5 points" depends on perspective. Proton Torpedoes and Concussion Missiles get a built-in Focus-like effect, and Assault Missiles can do a tremendous amount of "splash damage" if used correctly (and assuming they hit). But Homing Missiles launched with both TL & Focus is the closest thing to a guaranteed hit in the game.

*edit* well, aside from Wedge with Expose and both Target Lock and Focus granted by Lando + Dutch and fired at Range 1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Homing Missile is your ordinance of choice if you really wanna take out that stealth device.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:
Homing Missile is your ordinance of choice if you really wanna take out that stealth device.

Fixed that for you.

It's an opinion, but to me unless you have a way to get an extra action (or a pilot ability that works like an action), you shouldn't be running any missile other than a Homing Missile. The other choices are just too likely to fail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.