2 Posts

Ascension: Rise of Vigil» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ulu, Askara Prince and Oras, the Redeemer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isiah Corpuz
Canada
flag msg tools
On my last play with the siblings, I was fortunate enough to acquire these high costing Heroes and draw them in a single hand.

Ulu, Askara Prince has the special ability to copy of a Hero played this turn. If energized, copy the chosen effect an addition time.

Oras, the Redeemer has two effects so to speak: Gain 4 Runes and 'each time you acquire a Hero from the center row this turn, gain honour equal to the cards honour value.

I used Ulu, Askara Prince's ability to 'copy the effect of a Hero played this turn' and chose to copy Oras, the Redeemer. I also had enough to energize Ulu, thus copying Oras' effect an addition time.

The way I played it was that Ulu copied both of Oras' 'actions' as a single effect. TWICE.

This netted me 12 Runes to play but also a 3x multiplier for any honour acquired from gaining a Hero.

For example, if I acquire a Hero with an honour value of 4, not only do I get a new Hero but it also gives me 12 bonus honour Tokens.

My question is whether I played this combination correctly.

I've always considered 'the effect of a Hero' as the whole text of a given card, including if it provided more than one 'effect' or 'action'.

Oras' second effect applies 3 separate times essentially.

If I did indeed play this correctly, it seems like a very powerful combination as Oras' first ability compliments the second and having 12 Runes gives you a lot of options in the number of Heroes you can acquire.

What does everybody think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lundsby
Denmark
Odense SØ
Fyn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you played it correctly.

Generally, I don't find Ascension to be bugged with a lot of rules to be interpreted on - just follow the rulebook, and do what the cards say. and everything works just fine

Also, it looks like Rise of Vigil, when played on its own, have a lot of really nasty combos and just generally some good cards.
I like it a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.