Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: I just laminated my character sheets... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And I can't wait till this weekend's game. Dry-erase marker time, baby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Pirard
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same thing and it works just fine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too! I ran them through once and then ran them back through on the other side to stop a bit of the warping. Got pointed out afterwards that it would have been a good idea to print them off on paper first as would've stopped the warping but they're aren't too bad and work a treat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I used a commercial laminator, so no warping here. In fact, I'm so pleased with the results I'm thinking about laminating stuff for other games. First up are the alien race boards for Eclipse.

Anybody got any ideas for other games that need to get their funky lamination on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
I used a commercial laminator, so no warping here. In fact, I'm so pleased with the results I'm thinking about laminating stuff for other games. First up are the alien race boards for Eclipse.

Anybody got any ideas for other games that need to get their funky lamination on?

Most of my games have laminated reference sheets at very least, but I laminate tons of stuff for my games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've laminated reference sheets for Dreadball but not a lot else at the moment. I've just got a cheap laminater that I use at home so warping is unfortunately an issue. But it is very minor (the equipment cards don't slide around for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Also works great for games that have custom player mats on BGG, so you're not just using printed sheets of paper that will tear or get creased (I now have a bunch of really nice laminated player mats for things like Quarriors). Go through the file section for your favourite games on BGG and you'll find all kinds of really helpful stuff to laminate, not to mention full print 'n' play games - of course it could become an expensive habit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
nexbot wrote:

Most of my games have laminated reference sheets at very least, but I laminate tons of stuff for my games.

Hey, what do you use to laminate? After reading this thread I'm curious to try it out! Is there some cheap laminating device you can buy here in Sweden?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
tengblad wrote:
Hey, what do you use to laminate? After reading this thread I'm curious to try it out! Is there some cheap laminating device you can buy here in Sweden?

Certainly is. My wife gave me a laminator for my birthday a couple of years back and I've used it a ton since then. She bought it at an Esselte store, I believe, and it's called GBC HeatSeal H212. I mostly buy my sleeves at Jula, but have also picked some up from Claes Ohlson before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Geistlinger
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I laminated mine with the press on stuff that comes in big rolls. Worked well.

In case anyone else would like to laminate their sheets without buying a laminator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump! What type of lamination i must use to my Zombicide characters sheets - hot or cold?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankfully my Ipad requires no lamination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
Bump! What type of lamination i must use to my Zombicide characters sheets - hot or cold?

You can probably use either, but, I believe hot is more likely to curl.

What I've done is photocopy them and laminate the photocopy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use hot lamination, mainly because I have quite a cheap laminator and I think it's lying to me about actually being able to do cold lamination properly! Don't laminate the actual cardboard dashboards though, they bend like hell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Fifty-Seven
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Here is a guide I did if anyone is looking for step by step points.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14977418#14977418

Laminating is the best way forward...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
jonahmaul wrote:
I use hot lamination, mainly because I have quite a cheap laminator and I think it's lying to me about actually being able to do cold lamination properly! Don't laminate the actual cardboard dashboards though, they bend like hell.

I had issues with this at first too. Laminating onto a completely flat surface will help. If your pages come out bent it's often because the entry/exit slot on the laminator is raised above surface level (most basic office laminators don't have any kind of feed tray). If you put some books or similar on the table up to the level of the entry/exit slot, it will massively help reduce bending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.