Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day guys,

Today I received this little stand alone Uluru Mini along with the large version of Uluru and have played some games. What a fun and challenging little game!

I have tried to translate the cards into English and there are a couple of new cards not represented in the original game. I was wondering if anyone knew if they can be shuffled into the base game as well?

The new cards appear to be:

I want a place on the same side as... *insert colour bird*

I want a place next to... *insert colour bird* whether it is at a corner or on a side.

I want exactly one space between me and... *insert colour bird*

I want one of these spaces (Single circle at short single and top circle on long three side).

Now it is a different board in the mini expansion, but it pretty much matches up to the main game one (just missing the short two side). So theoretically they should be able to be mixed in.

Was this intentional? Or would you recommend that they are not mixed in?

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
G'day guys,

Today I received this little stand alone Uluru Mini along with the large version of Uluru and have played some games. What a fun and challenging little game!

I have tried to translate the cards into English and there are a couple of new cards not represented in the original game. I was wondering if anyone knew if they can be shuffled into the base game as well?

The new cards appear to be:

I want a place on the same side as... *insert colour bird*

I want a place next to... *insert colour bird* whether it is at a corner or on a side.

I want exactly one space between me and... *insert colour bird*

I want one of these spaces (Single circle at short single and top circle on long three side).

Now it is a different board in the mini expansion, but it pretty much matches up to the main game one (just missing the short two side). So theoretically they should be able to be mixed in.

Was this intentional? Or would you recommend that they are not mixed in?

Cheers,
Ben.

The BGG description does say

Quote:
The cards from Uluru Mitbringspiel can be used to expand play in Uluru.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose I was more asking is it a good thing to add them? Or does it dilute the difficulty?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ben

A "standalone expansion" was indeed the intention from the beginning, although in the end, I couldn't add any really challenging new cards. The reason was of course, that the mitbringsspiel must be very accessible and not scary at all
We'll have to wait for Kosmos to ask for a real expansion, before I can bring the sharp-edged killer cards out.

That said, the cards from the mitbringsspiel can still spice up the big game:

The cards
"I want one of these three seats!"
Are just variations on the group cards in the big game, so use them as replacements for those to get variation (unless of course, you want to try playing with only the 16+12 colorless cards from both games).

The cards
"I want to share a side with ...!" and
"I want to sit on the opposite side from ...!"
are cleaned up easier versions of
"I want to sit next to ...!" and
"I want to sit across from ...!"
So you should only use one of those two sets at a time to avoid confusion.

The card
"I want no space between me and ...!"
are a combination of
"I want to sit next to ...!" and
"I want to share a corner with ...!"
so it too, is probably best used as a replacement for those two, and not in combination with them.

The card
"I want one of these two seats!"
has a really good effect in the game, by making a clear and difficult choice to focus your solution around. So you can definitely use those in the big game.
You may want to remove some or all of the other group cards, to make them stand out more.
And yeah, just ignore that they lack the two short-side seats.

The card
"I want to sit exactly one space away from ...!"
holds it's own ground and can be added to the big game without replacing anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
luchau wrote:

We'll have to wait for Kosmos to ask for a real expansion, before I can bring the sharp-edged killer cards out.

If such an expansion does become a reality (let's hope), would it be compatible with the english version, Pelican Cove? I am just wondering which version of the base game to get, knowing that I am a sucker for "sharp-edged killer cards" =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Lauge!
Really appreciate the reply. We are loving Uluru, so congratulations on an outstanding design mate!

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
majormajor wrote:
luchau wrote:

If such an expansion does become a reality (let's hope), would it be compatible with the english version, Pelican Cove? I am just wondering which version of the base game to get, knowing that I am a sucker for "sharp-edged killer cards" =)

I guess an expansion would come out for Uluru first, and then maybe later for Pelican Cove, but I really have no idea when they will ask for it, if ever.
Of course, you will always be able to mix cards from both versions of the game - provided you're not aesthetically sensitive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious about the cards in this game.

Are all of the"I want one of these three seats" cards identical? If not, which combinations are they?

Are all of the "I want one of these two seats" cards identical? If not, which combination are they?

I just bought Uluru, xalapa, and dimension. I LOVE these games.
I just want to know exactly what cards are in this set, thank you.

Cory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear!

In both sets all cards are different. They look like this:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lauge,
Thank you for your response. I really love your designs.
Cory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this expansion allow for increasing the player count? I see that in the player poll the one voter has now included "more than 5" in the recommended column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
This is not an expansion.

From the description:

Quote:
The cards from Uluru: Neuer Tumult am Ayers Rock can be used to expand play in Uluru: Tumult am Ayers Rock.

I'm aware that this is a stand alone small box, but it was also supposedly designed so that it could expand play of the large box edition.

In any case, I realize now it wouldn't work since the big box player cards have more birds and spaces for their placement. You could just use the cards from this edition but then the extra spots on the other boards would surely lead to some confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
You've nailed it. So, yes, in the end it's not really an expansion. I've tried to mix these cards but they picture different concepts with similar graphics and I've found out that this always confused players. I do like to play the small version separately, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.