Subject: divine will + recruiting scribe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Alenus
Belgium
Wimmertingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday we played our first game of kemet and I think the game is just great. Fast action, cool powers and a lot of choices.

We did encounter a situation where we werent sure what is the correct way of playing.

One player played a regular action taken (on recruit) and his golden action token (choosing an extra recruit) simultaniously. He had 2 prayer points and possessed the recruiting scribe power (the recruit action gives you 2 more units).
Does he receive 6 units or 4 units

- 6 unit way of thinking (he uses 2 recruit action and spends 1 prayer point per recruit action thus he gains 1 + 2 per recruit action)

-4 unit way of thinking (Because the action tokens are played simultaniously it counts as 1 recruit action (he spends 2 prayer points and thus gets 2 + 2 units)

which would be the correct way of playing? We ended up playing with the 6 unit way of thinking.

thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The player would get a total of six units. The gold token, though used in conjunction with a regular action, counts as a separate action. It's like taking two turns in a row. The Recruiting Scribe power tile would trigger for each recruit action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Also recruiting scribe gives you 2 units when you recruit and you do not need to spend prayer points to recuit additional troops to trigger it. Please confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He already did. This is the exact case in the OP's question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
He already did. This is the exact case in the OP's question.

Technically, the case in the OPs question was spending 1 PP twice to get to 6 units. So spending zero was not confirmed. However, you can also get to 6 by spending 2 on one action and zero on the other with the +2 to both actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that you are correct. I didn't read that carefully enough. Anyway, you get two extra recruits even if you spend zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thankyou

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Osterhoudt
United States
Bow
NH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my understanding that you can't do two recruit actions in the same round, even with Divine Will.

Page four of the rule book states, in bold, "The Action space must be empty, it is impossible to put down two Action tokens on the same space."

Now I know whatever is on the tile trumps the general rule, but in this case, the fact that the rule is in bold, under a heading labeled "Important!", and then informs us it is "impossible" to place two Action tokens in one Action space leads me to read that as saying there is no way to do it, even with a tile power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jefferies
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My name is Oobydoob Scooby-dooby Banooby. I have the silliest name in the galaxy. (Thumb Wars)
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gold token breaks that rule as it's placed at the top of the pyramid and activates either of the actions below it...regardless of whether those actions have already been taken or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyrdug wrote:
It is my understanding that you can't do two recruit actions in the same round, even with Divine Will.

Page four of the rule book states, in bold, "The Action space must be empty, it is impossible to put down two Action tokens on the same space."

Now I know whatever is on the tile trumps the general rule, but in this case, the fact that the rule is in bold, under a heading labeled "Important!", and then informs us it is "impossible" to place two Action tokens in one Action space. I read that as saying there is no way to do it, even with a tile power.

Uhm. Maybe re-read the first 3 posts. Someone from Metagot (the publisher) confirmed that you can..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Osterhoudt
United States
Bow
NH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I went and read the suggested posts. Matagot did confirm that the gold token can be used to take two Recruit actions in the same round.

So it isn't impossible to place two Action tokens in one Actions space and the rules have a major typo.

Or does the gold token granted by Divine Will not count as an Action token?

Okay, so before I posted this I went and read the post on Divine Will, and I'll just clarify so anyone reading this doesn't have to do the homework:

The gold token is not an Action token. It goes on the gold space on the top of the pyramid and then you use either a movement or recruit action. I thought the gold token was at the top of the pyramid until you used it, but now I see it never moves.

There is no typo in the rules (as far as the "impossible" wording goes), I just failed to realize the difference in the gold and Action tokens.

Thanks BGG and everyone in both threads I was reading for clearing this up for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got confused after reading through the official faq (its also 2am now so my memory is impaired at the moment

I thought i read in the faq that someone stated when you recruit units either with a DI card that lets you add troops, or you do the recruit action, thos person said that you MUST put all the troops you recruited into the same space.

I tried to see if this is confirmed as being correct but i cant seem to find any ruling.

When you recruit must everyone go into the same space? I would say no. I think that when recruiting you can recruit as many units as you can pay for, and add them to whatever districts you want in any order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.