Tide of Iron: Stalingrad» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign Mode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robson Santos
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I wonder if the campaign mode will be equal to Normandy or scenarios undergo changes depending on the conditions of victories events of previous scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hss Hss
Norway
flag msg tools
One definitive change is that you will be able to play as both the Germans and the Russian. In Normandy only one side of the story was told.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robson,

There will be four linked scenarios in the campaign. The results of one game will influence what happens in the next.

Kris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robson Santos
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks

The Brazilian community was questioning about it. We do not think the Normandy campaign mode very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. What could make the campaign mode better for the Brazilian community?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robson Santos
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travellerne wrote:
Hmm. What could make the campaign mode better for the Brazilian community?

The Normandy Campaign mode includes only the American side and the only thing that changes from one scenario to another is the 29th winning medals.
Here we think the campaign mode would be much better if the scenario as "Fire and Brimstone" in which one side of the stage directly impacts on the other side of the scenario.
So if every condition of victory or defeat in scenario changed conditions following scenarios.

sorry for english if not correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Borosak
Croatia
10000 Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am not sure if I understand it correctly, is this stand alone expansion with new Russian figurines?
Would I need Fury of the bear expansion to play Stalingrad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your interest in [thread=Tide of Iron][/thread].

Yes, this is an expansion that does not require other expansions. You only need the base game to play. You will not need Tide of Iron: Fury of the Bear to enjoy the brutal city-fighting of Stalingrad, but it is one of my favorite expansions.

Cheers,
Kris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.