United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings.
A recent contest, this,
minimal versions of boardgames on playable POSTCARDS that aren't wargames with a sheet of tokens

and this,
The PnP POSTCARDGAME CONTEST - CLOSED! THANK YOU!

These got me to thinking of the following simple postcard game for kids, or even adults, or possibly both if you enjoy your kids laughing at you. whistle

So far there are three episodes, each one deals with a different trio of tiny explorers who are exploring your home, room, etc.

This is not meant to be even remotely taken seriously and is mostly for fun. Each episode may need a component, other than a house of course. Usually a length of string.

The first is appropriately enough, StampQuest.
This features a mouse, a rat, and a snake. Optional items are a deck of cards and some origami skill and the paper to use it on.

Next up is CookieQuest.
This one features an ant, a beetle, and a spider. Optional items are the aformentioned cookie and a length of string.

Lastly, for now at least is WaterQuest.
This one features three fish. Optional items are a cup and a length of string.

These make use of trifold standups adapted from Greywolfs standup fonts with some modifications. The Bugs have new heads and The Fish have backs created by me.

The characters can be joined together to form large co-operative groups.

Here is a somewhat washed out first photo of the bugs.

There is no turn limit since houses can be fairly large or small.
Yes, players can split up or stay grouped as they please. The location for the objective and the start location are player determined so they can set the challenge as easy or hard as they desire.

Basically the game is meant to encourage co-operation and creativity without conflict.

Working on it has allready given me an idea for a more robust game outside the scope of a postcard.

Let me know what you think and if theres enough interest I have ideas for at least one more episode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea!

I've asked a couple of questions over in the postcard design thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know ... I've been looking for a way to introduce my son and his cousins to roleplaying games. I bought Mouse Guard long ago waiting for them to grow up. (For those who haven't followed my old posts about my family, my son is currently 6 (turning 7 in 3 weeks), and his cousins are 8 and 5 (both girls)).

Now that I've taken a closer look at these ... I think I've found a "gateway" RPG for that group.

Thanks a TON!

(edit : ... just a comment ... I fortunately have an IKEA store in town. So we've got a lot of those paper measuring tapes!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. thumbsup Are you going to make entries for them at BGG under "Small Adventures Series" or each with its own title? (So I can catalogue them... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Once have the forth card done, probably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a easy extra "mission" for those with pets that can be played with the existing sets.

Kitty Quest.
Players must help the cats find the food (or a toy. Though the game is going to count as that allready... aheh...). Being batted around by the cat counts as extra movement.

Id suggest the Water Quest crew as they are fish and come equipped with a length of string. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats it, its just an added "mission" for use with the existing sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.