Hide
4 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Murray
msg tools
I'm a little confused about movement rules when it comes to large monsters ending on a move on an occupied space. Are you allowed to land on any adjacent space that will allow the monster to fit? Even if the space is passed the movement limit? Or are you simply restricted from moving if to that point if the space is occupied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you are moving, you are allowed to move to any adjacent empty square.

When you want to stop moving, your last move must take you to a space that allows you to "expand". This may cause your figure to move farther in "traditional sense" and it's allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Murray
msg tools
So you can actually move farther than your speed if the space you intend to land on is occupied? Does this count for small monsters as well? Me and a buddy had an argument over this, but I couldn't find it in the rules where it says I can move to any adjacent square if the space I want to land is occupied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. If the space you intend to occupy is occupied you may not move there in the first place. Spreading a little bit is a strategy for the heroes to prevent large monster from getting in their midst.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.