Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas McPherson
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elder Sign - Drinking Game.

Hi Folks

I Could not see anyone had posted one such version here on the BGG, and I thought - how can it be?

I can't possibly be the only one who has had this (stupid) Idea, to turn one of my favorite Social games into a wicked game of "last man standing".

Now... I know some of you are thinking - why on earth would you do that. -- well lets for now just say Cthulhu made me do it, and leave it at that.

I have thought about 2 versions, one that focus on "bad things" and one that focus on "good things". the reason is that most often drinking games focus on some kind of "punishment", but this is a "co-op" game, so I wanted to make a version that underline this kind of game style as well.

So... here goes.

The Negative Version (Only YOU are to blame)
- This version of ES, focus on only when bad stuff happens. and most only on your turn. the concept is that if you mess up, you're gonna pay, and dearly in teh form of beer, shots and other nasties..

Suggestions:
- "You" Drink when you fail and adventure - you didn't do it well enough.
- "You" Drink When you get a Terror Effect - Scared yet?
- "Everyone" drink when a monster appears (just like the whisky-card, it helps deal with sanity)
- "You" Drink when the Ancient one gets a Doom Token.
- "Everyone" Drink For _every_ round a "Dice" is locked.
- "You" Drink if you take a selfish round (Healup, buy an item etc)
- "Everyone" Drink if the Ancient One Awakens.
- "You" Drink if you get the Tommy Gun (say hallo to my little friend)
- "You" Drink if you use the "Whisky" and "Food" card. (Can't have one without the other...)
- "You" Drink everyone round you have the Necronomicon in your possesion. (You are after all, going slowly mad)
- "you" drink the rest of your "beer" if you die... (fool...leaving the team ey?)

The Positive Version (Co-op is co-op)
- This version of ES, means that everyone is drinking to celebrate when something good happens.

Suggestions:
- "You" Drink When you complete an Adventure - Celebrate victories are good
- "Everyone" Drink when you get an Elder Sign. (Good job lad!, we'll win soon enough)
- "You" Drink When you Buy an Elder Sign. (you deserve it)
- "You" Drink When the clock strikes midnight, you did well and survived another night.
- "You" Drink When a Monster is defeated.
- "You" Drink When the Sword of Glory is Used! (Yah! we have a winner)
- "Everyone" Drink when you free a dice.
- "Everyone" Drink when you come back from an outer-world (welcome back mate, glad you're here)
- "Everyone" Drink if someone dies (RIP mate, come back soon)
- "You" if you get an Ally (hallo there mate, care for a drink?)

So.... any thoughts ?

Let me tell you, that on a normal game night, these rules gets you absolutely pasted, after a single game, 3 games and you're ready to hit the docks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This should not be a Varaint-this is mandatory stuff

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas McPherson
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Dwarf wrote:
This should not be a Varaint-this is mandatory stuff

OD

Haha, yeah well, I agree to some degree

But hope it will bring you all happy evenings - From experience, I can tell you that it starts out light, until someone gets a dice locked!

//Tallens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.