3 Posts

Pax Baltica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Swedish victory points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Jung
Sweden
flag msg tools
This came up yesterday. Since Sweden begin with 40 points, and loses 4 per territory lost, meaning losing the game when Finland and the Baltic provinces are lost (10 provinces = 40 points). This means losing the game historically in 1714. Is this really correct or should one ignore this in the grand campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Wagner
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see how you could possibly lose all of finnland within only 4 years as Sweden.
Don't see, how you could possibly lose all of finnland at all in this game?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the storyboard has Russia taking only the coastal provinces of Finland, so Sweden is still in the fight (it doesn't look good).

I've toyed with a variant (perhaps an article for C3i magazine) which would have the RP level tied more to the forage values of territories, this would make Finland less of a vulnerability to Sweden. It's just an idea at this stage, and it won't be an official rule change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.