Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo,

I love Band of Brothers - Screaming Eagle... I am a total fan of Combat Commander... i do not really like conflict of heroes.
Will I like this? It looks more like a "fun" game. The predecessor was rated only 6,4 so I am hesitaiting to back this...

ahhh

hard decisions!

Why do I need this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evil_puck wrote:
Hallo,

I love Band of Brothers - Screaming Eagle... I am a total fan of Combat Commander... i do not really like conflict of heroes.
Will I like this? It looks more like a "fun" game. The predecessor was rated only 6,4 so I am hesitaiting to back this...

ahhh

hard decisions!

Why do I need this?

Im not sure Id judge this against Frontiers.
I get the impression they tore that building down and used its foundations to build a much better game.

Have you played Company of Heroes? The PC game?
I would say it has similar aspects in board game form.

For myself, Im a huge wargame fan.
I like the customization from the different company setups,
I like the variety in the units and terrain.
And the system itself seems simple enough to not get bogged down by rules, but deep enough to be entertaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
evil_puck wrote:

Why do I need this?

I backed HoN because it's different, in quite a few ways, from any other tactical-level game I have, or have played.

I can't believe there are a dozen or more actively published/played tactical-level WWII games today, and IMHO this one separates itself enough from the others to make it really interesting.

I love the art, the scale, the Hollywood-ish character and action, the fact that it's "a miniatures game without miniatures," the fast and fun gameplay (from what I've seen and read, and from playing the Demo), the square grid, buildings and bunkers with interiors!... it's all really, really cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Hass
United States
Palm Desert
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnglePark wrote:
evil_puck wrote:

Why do I need this?

I love the art, the scale, the Hollywood-ish character and action, the fact that it's "a miniatures game without miniatures," the fast and fun gameplay (from what I've seen and read, and from playing the Demo), the square grid, buildings and bunkers with interiors!... it's all really, really cool.

I couldn't agree more, these are the some of the same reasons why I backed this project.

This is my first project that I am supporting on Kickstarter and it really feels exciting helping some folks get their project and business off the ground. With a vested interest I'm almost glued to the kickstarter page watching and waiting for goals to become unlocked...which has been an unexpected source of entertainment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Borrall
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is only my second Kickstarter backing, but this one caught my eye because of the reasons I posted in my Geeklist here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/155678/why-you-should-...
In the short form, this game promises to be something I can roll out any time I have a game group together looking for a quick fun game with lots of options. If you back at the 90-pound level, I believe the amount of goodies you get is well worth the money for the pledge plus shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seriously considering backing this.

I'm also a miniatures gamer, and the visual appeal of that hobby seems to be captured here, but with less work on my part!!

I'll make my decision soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.